The 5th Shave for the Brave charity fundraiser, sponsored by the Emmaus Pediatric Cancer Club, will be held on Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in the EHS Gymnasium. “Shavees” will voluntarily shave their heads for kids’ cancer research by collecting monetary donations.
If going bald isn’t for you, come and cheer on the shavees and honor at least 20 local families affected by pediatric cancer who are going to share their stories. Below you can see the increasing amount of funds raised, families honored who were willing to share their stories, and individuals who came together in other ways to support the cause whether they are affected by cancer or not. Every dollar, volunteer, and shave makes a big difference. We may never know or understand exactly what they are going through, but what we CAN do is change someone’s life!
2010 – 8 Honorees, 70 Shavees $24,567
2011 – 11 Honorees, 120 Shavees, $39,921
2013 – 13 Honorees, 118 Shavees $49,057
2015 – 19 Honorees, 50 Volunteers, 113 Shavees, AND $65,831 donated!!!!
Interested in being a part of this incredible experience??
- Volunteers, shavees, and certified barbers can sign up to participate at https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/emmaus5.
- Keep updated by joining us on the Remind 101 app on your Android, iPhone, or smart phone.
- To receive text updates and alerts via text messages, text @SFTB5 to 81010. If you have having difficulty, text @SFTB5 to (484) 324-2423.
- If you use the Remind 101 app, select the “Join a Class” option, and enter @SFTB5 into the “enter your class code” box.
- Follow updates on our Pediatric Cancer Club Twitter account, @EmmausPCC.
- Lastly, but most certainly not least, join the Emmaus Shave for the Brave on March 24, 2017!
Elizabeth Ann Del Re