Eyer Middle School’s 2017 Rock-a-thon was a huge success! During the January 13th Rock-a-thon, teams comprised of seven to ten students stayed overnight at the school, participated in a variety of fun activities, and took turns rocking in their team’s rocking chair to raise money for a regional charity. Eyer students raised a record $23, 754 this year for the Justin W. Jennings Foundation which brings their five year total to over $100,000! The Justin W. Jennings Foundation operates a beautiful house in Bethany Beach and provides beach vacations to regional families dealing with cancer. Over the years, the Jennings Foundation has provided a place of family fun and relaxation to several families from the Lehigh Valley. For more information please visit http://justinjennings.org/.
This entire endeavor would not have been possible without the generous support of several local businesses who donated their time and resources:
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort donates all-day lift tickets for the top earning individuals.
- Crossfit Threefold of Coopersburg run several Crossfit sessions with the students.
- Leading Edge Martial Arts (LEMA) runs a self-defense and anti-bullying session.
- 29 Cooks catering company holds several cooking classes.
- DJ Freddie Frederick Jr. hosts a dance for part of the event.
- The Lehigh Valley Phantoms donates some awesome merchandise to reward our top-earners.
- The Iron Pigs also donated baseball tickets to reward the student that raised the most money.
- Christmas City Studios runs a photo booth and gives pictures to the kids.
- Fitness instructor Tara Bleiler is running a Zumba class this year.
Thank you to our more than 100 faculty and parent volunteers who helped with this event. A special thank you goes out to Kelsey Torpey and Sue Bauer for all their hard work and dedication to this amazing fundraiser!
2017 Rock-a-thon Video Video credit goes out to Sara Jordan Hunsicker!