PLEASE NOTE: Parents are no longer permitted to phone in excuses for student
absences. Written notes must be submitted or faxed to the attendance
office within three days of the child's absence. The attendance office
fax number is 484-519-3932.
- No telephone calls for early dismissals. A parent may report to the Attendance Office for students who do not have a written note. All students requesting an early dismissal from school must bring a note, with a valid reason, signed by the parent requesting the early dismissal. The note must be brought to the attendance office before 7:23 a.m. that day. STUDENT’S NAME, ID NUMBER, DATE, GRADE AND REASON FOR THE EARLY DISMISSAL MUST BE ON THE NOTE. EARLY DISMISSAL NOTES WITHOUT A REASON WILL BE RECORDED AS UNLAWFUL/UNEXCUSED. REQUESTING AN EARLY DISMISSAL WILL NOT BE A REASON TO BE LATE TO HOMEROOM.
- All students are reminded that after an absence, an excuse blank must be brought or faxed to the attendance office within three (3) school days of the absence. No email or phone excuses accepted. Under exceptional circumstances, the period may be extended to five (5) days. Failure to bring an excuse within the required time will result in receiving no credit and no make-up privileges for classes for the day(s) absence.
- WRITTEN EXCUSE NOTES MAY BE DEPOSITED IN THE EXCUSE BLANK BOX ON THE COUNTER IN THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE. EXCUSES WILL BE DATE STAMPED AND POSTED TWICE DAILY. REMINDER: NO PASSES WILL BE GIVEN TO HOMEROOM OR CLASS WHEN DROPPING OFF AN EXCUSE BLANK.
- Students who arrive late to school must sign in at the Auditorium Lobby. STUDENTS SHOULD BRING VERIFICATION OF APPOINTMENTS (DOCTOR’S EXCUSE, ETC.).
- ALL TRIPS (vacation, college, take child to work day, etc.) require a trip request to be completed at least Five (5) days prior to trip. Failure to file the request will result in an unexcused absence.