Lower Macungie Middle School
Computer Lab & Classroom Rules with Mrs. Aquila
Computer Lab Rules
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL ANYTHING TO ANY SCHOOL COMPUTER.
- Do not change anything with the computer. For example, monitor adjustments, mouse location, and desktop arrangement.
- Do not tamper with the computer cable connections.
- Work areas are to be left in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Do not make any marks on the computer, mouse pad, books, or furniture.*
- No one is permitted in the lab without teacher supervision unless you are scheduled to be in the room.
- Access only those programs as directed by the teacher for your particular class.
- If you are having computer problems, notify me immediately.
- Failure to follow the above rules will result in disciplinary action, as well as, computer suspension.
*Computer vandalism (less than $100) is a Level II infraction, which will result in a detention or in/out of school suspension. Computer vandalism (over $100) is a Level III infraction, which will result in a referral to the Superintendent. Theft/possession/sale of stolen property is also a Level III infraction, which will result in a referral to the Superintendent.
- Arrive on time and log in immediately.
- Use the lavatory before coming to class or you must have your Lav Pass.
- Be prepared for class. Notebook/Folder and pens/pencils are required.
- Use practice/class time wisely.
- Refrain from unnecessary talking, disturbing others, and touching others’ computers, keyboards, etc.
- It is your responsibility to find out what work you missed during an absence AND make up that work! (Check the “We Missed You” board.)
- If you are absent the day before a test, you are still responsible to take that test when you return.
- You may have the opportunity to practice/make-up work during homeroom, lunch, or period 9.
YOU WILL ONLY HAVE ONE 6-DAY CYCLE TO MAKE UP ANY MISSED ASSIGNMENTS.
PARENTS: Your child should be bringing home an academic update sheet periodically. Please use this sheet to determine your child’s progress in this class.
If you have any questions, please contact me at: AquilMel@eastpennsd.org or (610) 395-8593