Star Student of the Week
Each week we will be celebrating a certain student. Starting early on in the school year, I will pick a random student to become the first Star Student of the Week. We have a pocket chart on display to celebrate that student and his/her interests, and it will give us all an opportunity to get to know that child even better! If your child is picked as Student of the Week, I will send home a slip of paper to let you know on a Friday and remind you to send in some pictures and prepare for the next week. Some of the special privileges for the Student of the Week are:
- The student will be able to choose his/her own job for the following week.
- The student will assign jobs for other students in the class for the following week.
The student will be able to read his/her favorite story (or any story) to the class on Friday.
- Please note: If your child chooses to read a chapter book to the class, he/she may only get to read 1-2 chapters because of time constraints.
- The student will have time to share the pictures and information on the pocket chart with the class during the week.
- The student will be able to pick a buddy and eat lunch with Mrs. Swatsky in the classroom one day during that week if desired.
- The student will be able to randomly pick the next Star Student of the Week by pulling a stick with his/her name on it.
Since there are 25 students in our class, we will be able to pick students randomly for the first 25 weeks of school. Once everyone has had a chance to be the Student of the Week, I will allow the students to vote for a classmate they think deserves to be Student of the Week again. I will ask them to think about and vote for someone who is kind, caring, respectful, follows the class and school rules, shares, ready for 4th grade, etc.