The Office of Technology is the proud winner of the NSBA (National School Boards Association)
Excellence in Technology award for 2013. EPSD is the first school district to win this award in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The East Penn School District hosted a nation-wide site visit on April 28, 29 & 30 2013.We had visitors from across the country tour our schools and learn first-hand how technology tools and digital resources are working to meet our curriculum goals.
Technology has become such a vital necessity for students as the need for collaboration, data exchange and academic support continues to accelerate at exponential rates. As technology needs continue to develop and grow, our technology continues to change. The Office of Technology is responsible for meeting the technology needs of East Penn School District by providing services for Educational Technology, Information Technology and Enterprise Systems.
Technology Strategic Vision & Direction
- It is the goal of the East Penn School District Technology Committee to implement a successful 1:1 program by 2020 which empowers teachers and students to harness the power of technology to collaborate, communicate, create, think critically, and solve relevant problems in the 21st century
- The East Penn School District will provide a learning environment in which students will become effective problem solvers, collaborators, critical thinkers, and communicators
- Implement existing and future technology in support of district curricular and instructional goals, using clearly defined processes and guidelines for integrating instructional technology
- Digital equity in access, device, and platform across district
- Increase student achievement through a variety of authentic measures
- Increase student engagement in and outside the classroom
- Increase the opportunities for personalized learning for every student
- Shift curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices to provide more opportunities to meaningful and relevant learning experiences
- Increase communication and connectedness between students, parents, teachers, and the community
- Empower students to create their own future with 21st century skills
Michael J. Mohn
Director of Technology – (610) 966-8381 | Email