Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
In an effort to maintain a safe environment for all of our students, I am writing this letter to inform you of a change that has occurred with our Alburtis Elementary dismissal procedure to increase student safety.
On September 17 we began a dismissal plan (3:15-3:30 PM) that separates the busses from car pick up traffic. The bus lot in front of the school is now designated to be just that, a bus lot. All parents who choose to pick up their children in the car pick up line:
- Enter the car pick up line via the main entrance on 3rd and Walnut Streets
- Follow the car pick up line through the parking lot loop
- Exit school grounds via the same intersection on 3rd and Walnut Streets.
- Cars may choose to exit:
- Right onto Walnut Street
- Left onto Walnut Street
- Straight onto 3rd Street
The chief of police, Chief Palmer, and the Borough Council are aware of this change and have granted approval to continue this dismissal procedure for a time period of at least two months.
It is imperative for the safety of our students, parents, and community members, that all parents please remember the following at all times:
- Obey all speed limits.
- DO NOT text and drive. Distracted driving is dangerous.
- Stop at all stop signs. NO rolling stops!
- Allow children and parents to cross at the crosswalk before leaving school grounds.
Many of our children walk home from school. Please remember that they are children. Each child is a precious gift and we all have a responsibility to be positive role models for them. It is our job to teach them how to be safe, responsible, and respectful. Modeling all of these safety rules each and every day will certainly help them learn and grow!
Thank you for your support and compliance with these safety upgrades.
Please note: The arrival process (8:45-9:00AM) has not changed.