May 18, 2020
Dear Alburtis Families:
This year has been filled with much more than the challenges we have faced these last two and a half months. Our students have learned and grown so much and we have enjoyed every moment shared with our Eagles! As the school year comes to a close, we have developed a plan to distribute the student belongings and projects from our classrooms. Our teachers and support staff are busy gathering and packing each student’s items. Each grade level and homeroom teacher has been scheduled for specific time slots on Monday, June 8, Tuesday, June 9 or Wednesday, June 10. Families that have borrowed EPSD technology will return the devices on Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12. Our main office staff will be in touch to schedule appointments for drop off and pick up of student belongings. We have developed procedures to maintain appropriate social distancing. No one will exit their vehicle, our staff will bring your student’s packed bag and place it in the trunk of your car.
Please take a moment and review these important guidelines:
- Prior to your pick up time please search your home for school library books, classroom library books and items that need to be returned to Alburtis and teacher classrooms. Place these items in a bag labeled with your child’s name and homeroom teacher.
- Parents with multiple children should plan on following the scheduled time of the youngest child.
- All traffic will enter and leave the Alburtis campus through our main entrance on 3rd Street. Cars will follow the student car pick up loop at their designated time.
- Pay careful attention to the staff directing traffic flow.
- When directed, you will pull up to the receiving area and if possible open your trunk from inside your vehicle.
- Please wait until the cars in front of you have moved forward and proceed to exit the school grounds.
- Families will make only one trip to Alburtis. Our nurses will be available for parents that need to pick up prescription medications. After picking up student belongings, you will be directed to specific parking spots. Mrs. Hildebrand and Mrs. Breidinger will bring the prescriptions to your vehicle.
- 4th and 5th grade band/orchestra directions: Families that are not continuing in band and have already received authorization from both the music store and their teacher are encouraged to drop off their BAND instrument at this same time The instrument must be cleared of personal items and be clearly labeled for return with the appropriate information. Books and music stands do not need to be returned, only the instrument. If you have not received authorization, DO NOT drop off the instrument. You will be charged for the amount of time the instrument is not retrievable. String instrument returns go directly to Montero’s Violins in Emmaus, do not bring string instruments to school.
If you choose to bring your children, it is important to prepare them for a short and quick visit. While there will be faculty and staff they know helping, waving and wishing everyone a wonderful summer; you may or may not see your child’s teacher and staff will not be available for conversations.
The table below indicates the scheduled pick up day and time for each homeroom. It is important the schedule is followed closely to avoid lengthy back ups.
On behalf of the entire Alburtis Family, I thank you for your support of our student’s at home learning. Eagles are strong, they are brave, and they are powerful! During this difficult time all Alburtis Eagles have demonstrated resilience, flexibility and true SOARS spirit!
Stay well and have a safe and happy summer!!
Very truly yours,
Dr. Cheryl A. Scalzo