On June 9, 2019, the Emmaus High School Class of 2019 walked across the stage at the PPL Center to receive their diplomas. This inaugural graduation ceremony at the PPL Center was the highlight of the EHS academic year. It is a time for staff, parents, and families to join the graduates in celebrating their successful completion of high school.
The Emmaus High School Orchestra performed during the processional with Pomp and Circumstance and the National Anthem. The Emmaus High School Chorale performed the Emmaus High School Alma Mater and John Lennon’s Imagine. Dr. Kate Kieres, Principal of Emmaus High School, welcomed the crowd and introduced the members of the Class of 1969. Twelfth grade principal, Tabitha Rodriguez, then introduced this year’s Dr. Herman Corradetti Academic Hall of Fame Award inductee, Kevin Ge. Kevin was honored for exemplifying scholarship, leadership, service, and volunteerism throughout his time at Emmaus High School. Kevin is ranked in the top 1% in his class with a GPA of 4.56. He was a National Merit Scholar Finalist, 2017 & 2018 National Level AP Scholar with Distinction, National Honor Society Member, French Honor Society Member, National French Examination Bronze Medal recipient, and has been recognized with numerous academic and athletic awards throughout his four years at Emmaus High School. In his academic career, Kevin has been recognized with countless awards from multiple departments demonstrating the depth of his passion and knowledge. He has maintained active participation in school clubs and activities including:
- President and Vice-President of the Pennsylvania Math League
- President of the EHS Academic Team
- Math Club helper at Willow Lane Elementary School
- Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science Competitor~1st place at the regional level in 2019, as well as 1st and 2nd place at the state level in 2017 and 2018.
- Lead Committee Officer of the Envirothon Club
- Volunteer at the STEM Fun Local Science Camp
- Science Fair Club
- National History Day Club
- Student Technology Support Team
- Emmaus High School Tennis Team
- Volunteer coach for the Girls’ Tennis Team
- Assistant Martial Arts Instructor
- Leadership Academy member
This fall, Kevin plans on attending Georgia Institute of Technology where he will major in mechanical engineering.
The graduation ceremony continued with student representatives taking the stage. Class of 2019 President, Jeremy Sanville; President of the National Honor Society, William Bassett; LCTI Representative, Zachary Klucsarits; and Class of 2019 Representative, Adelline Sassani captivated their audience with speeches about the events and memories of the past decade that have shaped them into who they are today. After all of the graduates were announced, School Board President, Dr. Kenneth Bacher, declared the Class of 2019 graduated. We wish the Class of 2019 the best of luck and a lifetime of happiness!