Congratulations to 20 Spanish students from Emmaus High School who attained national recognition for excellent performance on the 2018-19 National Spanish Examinations.
Students from Emmaus High School earned a total of 2 silver and 5 bronze medals along with 12 honorable mentions. The exams are the largest of their kind in the United States with over 146,000 students participating in 2019. Students from Emmaus High School were taught by Spanish teachers, Claudia Murray and William Montepeque. Forty students from EHS took the exam this year.
The National Spanish Examinations are administered each year in grades 6 through 12 and are sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese.
Spanish 4 Honors
1.Victoria Rivera- Silver medal
2. Brooke Seislove- Bronze medal
3. Klayton Koehler- Bronze medal
4. Natasha Rodriguez- Bronze medal
5. Ishaan Lal- Honorable Mention
6. Emma Mahally- Honorable Mention
7. Juniper Pryor- Honorable Mention
8. Nick Rodriguez- Honorable Mention
9. Colin Schaffer- Honorable Mention
10. Maya Schlesinger- Honorable Mention
11. Stephanie Sipics – Honorable Mention
12. Shreya Sriramineni – Honorable Mention
13. Mia Day- Honorable Mention
14. Emily Hammond – Honorable Mention
15. Adam Hansen- Honorable Mention
1. Camryn Griffon – Bronze Medal
2. Thomas Ronan – Silver Medal
3. Dora Vardaxis – Bronze Medal
4. Jenna Kurtz – Honorable Mention
5. Genesis Rodriguez – (Heritage Speaker)