During the week of Monday, March 23, 2020, thirty Emmaus High School students participated in our region’s History Day Competition; this contest is usually held at Muhlenberg College, but this year the regional coordinators conducted the competition remotely.
The following twenty-three EHS students placed at the regional event and have advanced to the “Virtual Pennsylvania History Day Contest” which will be held this May. Congratulations to the following History Day in PA Qualifiers!
- Sophia Harris- “Bouncing Bombs: Breaking Barriers”
- Maggie Machulsky – “Coco Chanel: Breaking Gender Barriers” – individual exhibit
- Eddy Chow and Eric Welp – “Fiber Optics: Breaking the Barrier of Copper Communication Speeds” – Group exhibit
Historical Paper Category
- Fionnuir Ni Chochlain – “Elizabeth Eckford: The Cost of Breaking Barriers”
- Lin Luo– “ Margaret Sanger: Breaking Barriers of Birth Control”
- Diya Patel, Ishva Shah, Khushi Patel, & Shriya Patel- “The Warren Court: Chipping Away the Walls of Inequality in America”
- Hikari Inaoka- “ Breaking the Sound Barrier: The Concorde”
- Teddy Coenen- “Football Did it First: The Integration of Pro Football” – Individual documentary
- Lauren Kershner- “ The Story of the White Rose: Breaking Barriers in Nazi Germany” – Individual documentary
- Aidan Connolly, Martin Liu, Miguel Abadilla , Alec Liu, & Angel Wan– “Jazz: Breaking Barriers with an American Creation” – Group documentary
- Nadia Anthony & Julia McDonnell– “ Deaf President Now: Breaking Leadership Barriers at Gallaudet University” – Group documentary
- Maeve Yanes – “March Fourth: The History of Gaining Collective Bargaining Rights for Teachers”
- Pandora Schoen & Stefania Schoen: “ Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein Empowering Women while Breaking Barriers in Beauty and Business”
Thank you for your support of the History Day program.