We want to recognize our Emmaus High School History Day students’ continuing accomplishments despite these trying times. During the week of Monday, May 11th, twenty-three Emmaus High School students participated in the Pennsylvania History Day Competition; this contest is usually held in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, but this year it was held remotely.
Stefania Schoen and Pandora Schoen won first place in the group performance category and have advanced to the National History Day Contest; this event will be held remotely this June! Fionnuir Ni Chochlain won third place in the historical paper category. Diya Patel, Ishva Shah, Khushi Patel, & Shriya Patel won third place in the group website category. Nadia Anthony & Julia McDonnell won fourth place in the group documentary category. Sophia Harris won fourth place for her individual exhibit and Maggie Machulsky won sixth place for her individual exhibit. Lin Luo won sixth place for her historical paper. We are extremely proud of our EHS History Day students!
Here is a list of all the EHS Pennsylvania History Day 2020 Participants:
- Sophia Harris-“Bouncing Bombs: Breaking Barriers”
- Maggie Machulsky– “Coco Chanel: Breaking Gender Barriers” – individual exhibit
- Eddy Chow and Eric Welp– “Fiber Optics: Breaking the Barrier of Copper Communication Speeds” – Group exhibit
Historical Paper Category
- Fionnuir Ni Chochlain– “Elizabeth Eckford: The Cost of Breaking Barriers”
- Lin Luo– “ Margaret Sanger: Breaking Barriers of Birth Control”
- Diya Patel, Ishva Shah, Khushi Patel, & Shriya Patel-“The Warren Court: Chipping Away the Walls of Inequality in America”
- Hikari Inaoka-“ Breaking the Sound Barrier: The Concorde”
- Teddy Coenen-“Football Did it First: The Integration of Pro Football” – Individual documentary
- Lauren Kershner-“ The Story of the White Rose: Breaking Barriers in Nazi Germany” – Individual documentary
- Aidan Connolly, Martin Liu, Miguel Abadilla , Alec Liu, & Angel Wan– “Jazz: Breaking Barriers with an American Creation” – Group documentary
- Nadia Anthony & Julia McDonnell– “ Deaf President Now: Breaking Leadership Barriers at Gallaudet University” – Group documentary
- Maeve Yanes– “March Fourth: The History of Gaining Collective Bargaining Rights for Teachers”
- Pandora Schoen & Stefania Schoen:“ Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein Empowering Women while Breaking Barriers in Beauty and Business”
Thank you for your support of the History Day program.
Deke, Mike, & Melissa
EHS History Day Club Advisors