The EPSD Angel Network is a committee of volunteers who provide basic assistance to students in need, support students’ ability to focus on learning in school, and demonstrate concern for the well-being of our students through anonymous giving in the true spirit of community. The Angel Network Programs include meeting basic needs through:
- Resource Area geared towards providing clothing and school supplies.
- Food Program which provides baskets of food at Thanksgiving, Winter Break, and Spring Break to over 200 different high school families.
- Emergency Gift Cards for needed food staples in emergency situations.
- Quality of Life Programs including Holiday gifts, Prom tickets, flowers, dresses, hair, and tuxedos, Homecoming tickets, Snow Ball tickets, Senior Breakfast tickets, and senior portraits.
- Educational Programs including academic expenses, field trips, and the Angel Educational Grants.
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015, Angel Network volunteers gathered to put together over 175 food baskets for high school families struggling during the holiday season. Also this week, they will distribute holiday gifts to over 186 students. Giving like this is happening across the district in all of our schools through Angel Network.
The Angel Network would like to recognize the efforts of our school liaisons. Their dedication to these programs and the students served is extraordinary. Their tireless efforts to coordinate the assistance programs and preserve the anonymity of the students enable the Angel Network to be so successful. The compassion, kindness, and hard work of the Angel Network liaisons are to be commended.
EHS Jen Carolla, Guidance Counselor
Eyer Katelyn Berndt, 6th grade teacher
LMMS Lisa Shirvinski, Guidance Counselor
Alburtis Linda Gitski, Parent
Jefferson Cheryl Scalzo, Principal
Lincoln Amanda Miller, Guidance Counselor
Macungie Donna Smith, Guidance Counselor
Shoemaker Brenda Ringer, Guidance Counselor
Wescosville Dan Fox, Guidance Counselor
Willow Alyssa Pilsits, Guidance Counselor
The East Penn School District would like to thank the Angel Network for all that they do to help our students and their families. The true spirit of giving is alive and well in our community.