Eyer Middle School’s 2018 Rock-a-thon had a record year! During the January 12th Rock-a-thon, teams comprised of seven to ten students stayed overnight at the school, participated in a variety of fun activities, and took turns rocking in their team’s rocking chair to raise money for a regional charity. Eyer students raised a record $25,469.01 this year for the Justin W. Jennings Foundation which brings their five year total to over $125,000! The Justin W. Jennings Foundation operates a beautiful house in Bethany Beach and provides beach vacations to regional families dealing with cancer. Over the years, the Jennings Foundation has provided a place of family fun and relaxation to several families from the Lehigh Valley. For more information please visit http://justinjennings.org/.
It takes a huge effort to raise this much money for one cause. Over 84 students raised over $100 each. That in itself is amazing. Congratulations to the top five 2018 Rock-a-thon earners:
- Devon Helmer who raised $850
- Owen Moyer who raised $500
- Maia Nimeh who raised $460
- Connor Brophy who raised $437
- Anch Malick who raised $431
This entire endeavor would not have been possible without the generous support of several local businesses who donated their time and resources:
- DJ Freddie Frederick provides music
- 29 Cooks catering company holds several cooking classes.
- Christmas City Studios runs a photo booth and gives pictures to the kids.
- This year Paint on Main of Emmaus ran several painting lessons.
- Kim O’Sullivan-Smith of West End Yoga had the kids bending over backwards during her yoga session.
- Zumba instructor Kim Hager got the kids moving.
- Leading Edge Martial Arts (LEMA) runs a self-defense and anti-bullying session.
- Victory Auto Glass, Bear Creek Mountain Resort, the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs and Patrick Finn all donated prizes for out top earners.
Thank you to our more than 100 faculty and parent volunteers who helped with this event. A special thank you goes out to Kelsey Torpey and Sue Bauer for all their hard work and dedication to this amazing fundraiser!
2018 Rock-a-thon Video credit Emily Hunsicker