“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, December 7, 2018, Schedule Day 6.
- The library will be open to study hall passes today during Periods 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Pre-signed passes will be accepted during all periods.
- Rough draft meetings for those interested in receiving feedback on their history day project will be held on Monday, December 10th in the library from 2:45-3:15pm.
- All students who have committed to complete a history day project should submit two copies of their title page, process paper, and works cited after school in the library on Thursday, December 13th, or submit them to Mr. Carolla in room 529 or Mrs. Montero in room 537.
- Ticket sales for next Tuesday’s Boys Basketball game vs. Parkland will start on Thursday, December 6th in the Athletic Office from 8:00am-2:00pm. Adults are $5, Students and Seniors are $3.
- Did you try an hour of code? Every student should have a chance to learn about algorithms, how to make an app, or how the Internet works. You use this technology daily. Someone made the apps that you use. Wouldn’t it be cool to be that person? Check out hourofcode.com.
- The first contest of the American Computer Science League is taking place throughout this week. See Mrs. Stoudt for the program today.
- Did you know that 58 percent of all new jobs in STEM are in computing and that only 8 percent of STEM graduates get degrees in Computer Science?
- This week is Computer Science Education Week. Go to hourofcode.com to give coding a try.
- Use your creative skills for a chance to win a prize! Bring your own gingerbread house kit and your friends and enter the Habitat for Humanity Gingerbread house competition on December 11 from 5:30-8 in the cafe for $5. Sign-up sheets are outside room 513 and are due Friday, December 7th!
- Join our next Global Citizens meeting and holiday party which will be held on Tuesday, December 11th after school in room 516.
- The next GSA meeting will be held after school on Tuesday, December 11th in Room 360. Join us for our holiday party as we prepare for our winter fundraiser!
- Students in National Honor Society who volunteered to participate in the book gift bags for first graders should drop off their bags in 574 by Tuesday, December 11th.
- Students being inducted into the National Society Tuesday, December 11th are reminded that there is a time change. Induction will take place in the high school auditorium at 6pm, not 7 as previously indicated. Any student who has not paid the induction fee is asked to do so by the end of this week.
- Sophomore Hikari Inaoka has offered to demonstrate/teach origami during a special FLEX period in the library on Wednesday, December 12th. Anyone interested in learning more about the traditional Japanese art of paper folding through actual practice is welcome during FLEX on December 12th; simply get a signed yellow pass from your HR teacher and join us!
- Hikari has made a special origami creation, a Christmas tree, which will be the prize in a silent auction the library will conduct from Monday, December 10th through Friday, December 21st. Patrons will complete a slip of paper containing their name, HR, and bid amount and place this in a container at the circulation desk. The student or faculty/staff member who has made the highest bid at the end of December 21st will win the tree, and the money will be donated to the EHS Angel Network.
- The Young Democrats will hold their next meeting on Wednesday December 12th in room 533 right after school. All current and prospective members are welcome.
- If you are interested in learning about different cultures of the world, come to the Foreign Culture Club, Monday, December 19th. Meet in room 516 after school for friends, food, and fun!
- The Emerging Health Professionals Program provides high school seniors with an opportunity to experience a variety of health care careers in a hospital setting and take Penn State science course for college credit. Students spend three days a week rotating among various departments of a hospital. Students will experience these departments throughout the three Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network facilities. Representatives from LCTI and Penn State University will be visiting Emmaus High School on Friday, December 19th at 1:00 pmto explain the program in detail and supply applications to interested and qualified juniors for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Interested students should stop by the counseling office to sign up for the presentation.
- Anyone interested in participating in the TSA Teams engineering competition. Our team will compete against other schools by working collaboratively to solve real world problems by using their science and math skills. If you are interested, please come to room 419 after school on Monday, December 20th. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Ohl or Mrs. Barthold.
- SGA is running a blood drive for the Miller-Keystone Blood Center on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019, from 8:30AM- 1:00PM. If you would like to donate please e-mail Mrs. Montero or stop by room 537 to schedule your donation time.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
|JH Boys Basketball||Southern Lehigh HS||EHS Main Gym||4:00pm|
|JV Boys Basketball||Southern Lehigh HS||EHS Main Gym||5:30pm|
|Varsity Boys Basketball||Southern Lehigh HS||EHS Main Gym||7:00pm|