EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, February 22, 2019, Schedule Day 5.
- The library will be accepting study hall passes during periods 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods.
- The next meeting for Girl Up Club is Monday, February 25th at 2:30 p.m. in room 360. New members are always welcome to attend!
- The next German Club meeting will be on Wednesday, February 27th in room 333. We’ll make plans for laser tag, a German cooking class, Penn State, and a possible cultural exchange day. New members are always welcome!
- The Health and Wellness/Fitness Club will hold their Dodgeball Tournament Thursday February, 28th from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the Main and Auxiliary Gyms. Come out and support your favorite team! The cost for spectators is $2 at the door. We hope to see you there! Students who are playing in the Dodgeball Tournament, please meet at 5:30 p.m. for team check-in and rules.
- Boys Basketball Pre-Sales will end TODAY. You can purchase the tickets in the Athletic Office from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Pre-Sale ticket prices are $7 for adults and $4 for students/seniors. Emmaus will play at Allen HS on Saturday, February 23rd at 7:00 p.m. vs. Liberty or PM West. All tickets at the gate will be $7.
- Anyone interested in attending the Model Un competition at Lehigh University should submit a field trip permission slip to Mr. Luckenbill by Monday, February 25th. Permission slips are available in room 531.
- The next GSA meeting will be held after school on Tuesday, February 26th in room 360. New members are always welcome to attend!
- French Club will meet on Wednesday, February 27th right after school in #239 for a painting party! It’s never too late to join French Club! See Madame Kalb in #239 for more information!
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Spaghetti dinner Saturday March 16th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the EHS café. Tickets for the dinner are $10 for those over 10 years old and $5 for those under 10 years old. It is the same day as the musical so make sure you get your tickets for both and enjoy dinner and a show!
- The INTERACT club will be selling gum during lunch periods every Monday and Tuesday in February. Bubble gum is $.25 and Orbits packs are $1. All proceeds will go back to the school to purchase the next filtered water fountain. Thank you!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- If you are taking an Advanced Placement course and wish to take an AP Exam, the registration period is currently open. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94. Payment is by cash or check (payable to EHS) ONLY, and is due at the time of registration. You do not need to write multiple checks if you are taking more than one exam; a single check for the total amount is fine. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. The registration deadline is Friday, March 1st at the end of the school day.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Game Club will be held Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|US Marines||2/25 @ 1:00 pm|
|US Army||3/1 @ 9:00 am|
|Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)||3/6 @ 1:00 pm|