EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, February 8, 2019, Schedule Day 5.
- The library will be accepting study hall passes during periods 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 today. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods, every day.
- The next Buzz Magazine meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 13th at 2:30 p.m. in the Learning Lab. New members are always welcome!
- The USA Biology Olympiad Exam is scheduled for Tuesday, February 12th after school. Students who have registered to take the Exam should report to room 421 @ 2:35 p.m.
- The 2nd contest of the American Computer Science League will take place through TODAY. Topics will be presented periods 1, 4, and 7. See Mrs. Stoudt in room 366 for the program and topic packet. Information will be posted in the ACSL google classroom.
- Girls Lacrosse signups will be held on Monday, February 11th at 2:45pm in EHS Room 578.
- The next Model UN meeting will be on Monday, February 11th after school in room 531 until 3:00 p.m. It is important to come to the meeting to get permission slips for the competition, and talk about final resolution steps.
- The EHS Library will be running a limited-time only fine forgiveness event for Valentine’s Day, which will start on Monday, February 11th and conclude at the end of the day on Friday, February 15th. For students who bring overdue items in their possession directly to the library (not the book drop outside counseling) during this time period, the library will COMPLETELY DELETE the automatically-generated late charges! And we will cut in half the total of any pre-existing fine that is paid directly to us. Please spread the word to your students! The library loves it patrons and hopes many people will take advantage of this opportunity.
- Want to send a Valentine to someone special? Girl Up will be selling handmade, personalized Valentine’s Day Cards during all lunches from now through Tuesday, February 12th. Stop by the table to purchase one! The Valentine’s Day Cards will be delivered during flex block to each recipient on Wednesday, February 13th. All proceeds made from the sales will go towards funding education and health services to girls in unprivileged countries.
- The USA Biology Olympiad Exam is scheduled for February 12th after school. Students who have registered to take the Exam should report to room 421 @ 2:35 p.m.
- The next Principal’s Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 12th during 5th and 6th periods in the MMR.
- Free spring sports physicals will be offered to all prospective athletes on Wednesday, February 13th in the Emmaus High School Cafeteria from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Mr. Emmaus contest will be held Wednesday, February 13th at 7:00 p.m. in the EHS auditorium.
- February’s EHS Library Maker Zone feature is calligraphy. Try incorporating it into a Valentine’s Day card of your own creation now through February 14th. We supply the materials and tools (paper, markers, stickers, stamp designs, ink, pinking shears, etc.); you supply the creativity and enthusiasm to treat someone you love to a cute surprise!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- The next art club meeting will be Tuesday, February 19th.
- The INTERACT club will be selling gum during lunch periods every Monday and Tuesday in February. Bubble gum is $.25 and Orbits packs are $1. All proceeds will go back to the school to purchase the next filtered water fountain. Thank you!
- If you are taking an Advanced Placement course and wish to take an AP Exam, the registration period is currently open. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94. Payment is by cash or check (payable to EHS) ONLY, and is due at the time of registration. You do not need to write multiple checks if you are taking more than one exam; a single check for the total amount is fine. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. The registration deadline is Friday, March 1st at the end of the school day.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Army National Guard||2/8 @ 9:00 am|
|Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)||3/6 @ 1:00 pm|