EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, March 1, 2019, Schedule Day 4.
- The library will be accepting study hall passes during periods 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods.
- Students who wish to attend LCTI next year for the first time must submit applications to the Counseling office by TODAY. This does not apply to students who are currently enrolled at LCTI this year.
- Advanced Placement Exam Registration will be ending TODAY at the end of the school day. This is your last opportunity to order exams. The cost is $94 per exam, which must be brought to the counseling office via cash or check, payable to EHS, at the time of registration. You do not need to write multiple checks if you are taking more than one exam; a single check for the total amount is fine. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor.
- Habitat for Humanity will meet on Tuesday, March 5th after school in room 513.
- The next Model UN meeting will be on Tuesday, March 5th until 3:00 p.m. in room 531 and is mandatory for any student participating in the March 15th competition at Lehigh University. All students should bring their final resolutions to the meeting as well.
- The next Buzz Magazine meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 6th at 2:30 p.m. in the Learning Lab. New members are always welcome!
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Spaghetti dinner Saturday March 16th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the EHS café. Tickets for the dinner are $10 for those over 10 years old and $5 for those under 10 years old. It is the same day as the musical so make sure you get your tickets for both and enjoy dinner and a show!
- The INTERACT club will be selling gum during lunch periods every Monday and Tuesday in February. Bubble gum is $.25 and Orbits packs are $1. All proceeds will go back to the school to purchase the next filtered water fountain. Thank you!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Game Club will be held Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Army National Guard||3/1 @ 1:00 pm|
|Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)||3/6 1:00 pm|
|Manor College||3/12 @ 9:00 am|
The following Career Speakers are scheduled during the week of March 3. Students interested in attending the visit may sign up through Naviance.
Monday, March 4 @ 9:00 am, Kat Mahoney, WeDiscoverGeeks – Kat Mahoney is the Owner of WeDiscoverGeeks and a STEAM and Video Game Educator with over 20 years in STEAM, Video Game Education and Media Reviews. Her topic of discussion will be: Behind the Screen: STEAM Careers in Video Games. Kat attended Hawaii Pacific University for Computer Science where she assisted upcoming companies in developing a web presence while teaching business owners how to integrate technology and online marketing. Afterwards Mrs. Mahoney became a Network Administrator for an Architectural Design Firm working with Architects, Engineers, Draft Designers, and Construction managers on developing a $30 million dollar Casino Resort. Currently Ms. Mahoney is a video game beta tester and works with game developers and innovative visionaries on building STEAM Careers in Video Games and Social Media. She is an Author of over 6 published books and speaker at many conventions, her most recently published A SAVVY MOM’S GUIDE TO PARENTING GENERATION Z for parents raising kids in the digital age. Mrs. Mahoney has been a speaker and educator working side by side with prestigious world renowned STEAM professionals, game developers, and educators throughout the world, including Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, Wilmington University, DaVinci Center, ArtsQuest, the Baum School of Art, and several independent game developers.
Tuesday, March 5 @ 1:00pm, Dr. Nancy Soares, Macungie Animal Hospital – Dr. Soares is the founder and owner of Macungie Animal Hospital. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in veterinary medicine. Dr. Soares takes very seriously the significant roles that pets play in our lives. She is the President of the American Animal Hospital Association Board of Directors and is a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA) & American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP). Soares’ research on the use of chemotherapy treatment on dogs has been published in the Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association.
Wednesday, March 6 @ 9:00 am, Steve Klakowicz, Patrick McNealis Insurance – Mr. Klakowicz graduated from Penn State University with a B. A. degree in labor and employment relations. He assists new and current customers with insurance needs and policies including home, auto and life insurance. He has also taken on HR duties in the past year, including everything from recruiting potential employees, onboarding new hires, payroll, benefits, employee relations and performance reviews.
Thursday, March 7 @ 1:00 pm, Jack Sharp, Disney Destinations – Jack is a seasoned sales leader with over 25 years of experience in the field of business, management and sales. Jack has been a
Cast Member with Disney for over fifteen years. Currently, he is the Regional Sales Director for the Northeast Region. Leading a team of nine District Sales Managers, Jack helps drive business to the Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney® and Aulani, a Disney® Resort and Spa. Jack’s true passion is servant leadership and supporting his team to reach their personal and professional goals. In addition to that, providing insights and best practices to those at the beginning of their careers is something that is close to Jack’s heart. He has a proven background of building impactful professional relationships with clients, direct reports, peers and third-party partners. What sets him apart, and is a central part of his job, is his ability to learn how different businesses operate and then, in turn, utilize that knowledge to devise a successful strategy to insure growth. Jack graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing.