EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, March 22, 2019, Schedule Day 5.
- Study hall passes will be accepted during periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods.
- Congratulations to everyone involved with making Les Mis a success. All performance of our show sold out, and our fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society raised $5,700.00.
- Interact club members who would like to take a leadership role in the Day of Activism, please attend a brief meeting on Monday, March 25th in room 504 at 2:30 p.m. Thanks!
- The next Buzz Magazine meeting will be Wednesday, March 27th at 2:30 p.m. in the Learning Lab. This is a full club meeting.
- The next GSA meeting will be held after school in room 360 on Tuesday, March 25th. Join us as we plan our Day of Silence Activities!
- Emmaus will be held Wednesday, March 27th, from 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. in the Emmaus High School auditorium.
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to announce that we will be taking interested Juniors on a field trip to Temple University and Ursinus College on April 12th. Students will hear from Admissions representatives at both schools, take a tour of each campus and have lunch in one of the dining halls at Ursinus College. Transportation and lunch will be provided and there is no fee to register. Seating is limited so if you would like to join EHS Counselors on this trip, come to the Counseling Office to get more information, receive a permission slip and to register. Permission slips will be due to the Counseling Office by March 27th. Should you have any questions about this opportunity, please see your Counselor.
- Attention Seniors: The local scholarship list is now available and were distributed during Flex Block on Wednesday, March 6th. Students can pick up applications in the Counseling Office. The deadline to return ALL completed scholarship applications is Friday, March 29th – NO exceptions!
- Attention Juniors: Would you like to take a course at Lehigh University for free next year? Any student who will be a senior next year is welcome to apply for the competitive High School Scholars program. Successful students will be able to take a free class at Lehigh for the fall semester. Successful students in the program are often invited to take a second free class in the spring semester. Application deadline is April 10th. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details.
- Students: Please remember to remove perishable items from your lockers on a daily basis to avoid filling our hallways with undesirable smells. Thank you.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- March is Career Readiness month! The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to offer Career Speaker Visits throughout the month. Students are invited to meet with professionals from a wide range of industries (everything from arborists to engineers to cyber security) and learn more about potential careers. The full list of speakers can be found in Naviance and on the EHS Counseling website, as well as posted around the school. Interested students should sign up in Naviance for each speaker. Please see the EHS Counseling website or your counselor for details!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
Friday, March 22nd
|Varsity Boys Lacrosse||Hershey HS||Hershey HS||4:00pm||1:15pm|
|JV Boys Lacrosse||Hershey HS||Hershey HS||5:30pm|
|Girls Varsity Lacrosse||Upper Perkiomen HS||EHS Memorial Field||4:00pm|
|JV Varsity Lacrosse||Upper Perkiomen HS||EHS Memorial Field||5:30pm|
|Varsity Softball||Pottsville HS||Kiwanis Field||4:00pm||2:15pm|
|JV Boys Volleyball||Liberty||Liberty HS||4:00pm||2:00pm|
|Varsity Boys Volleyball||Liberty||Liberty HS||5:30pm||2:00pm|
The following Career Speakers are scheduled during the week of March 18. Students interested in attending the visit may sign up through Naviance.
Friday, March 22 @ 9:00 am, Dr. Aejaas Issa, Ai Orthodontics: Dr. Issa graduated from William Allen High School and completed his pre-dental at Lehigh University. He received his degree in General Dentistry (DMD) at the University of Pennsylvania. He Specialized in orthodontics at the Internationally renowned Eastman Dental Center at the University of Rochester, New York. In addition, Dr. Issa is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association, the Mid-Atlantic Society of Orthodontics, the Pennsylvania State Dental Association and the Lehigh Valley Orthodontic and Dental Society.
Friday, March 22 @ 1:00 pm, Dr. Joshua Levinson, OEM Group East: Dr. Levinson is a practicing chemical engineer with over 20 years of experience in both industry and academia, and he presently works for OEM Group Inc., a semiconductor equipment manufacturer located in Coopersburg, PA. To date, he has worked locally in both the semiconductor and pharmaceutical fields while serving in a variety of roles and positions—including researcher/technologist, plant engineer, director of pharmaceutical research, and applications lab manager. While serving in these roles, he has overseen and directly contributed to daily manufacturing operations, long-term research projects, process development, equipment design, facility expansions, and other capital projects. This work has allowed him to file for a number of patents, with one issued and several more still within the review process. Dr. Levinson also taught full-time for six years at Lafayette College in Easton, teaching a variety of classes that included thermodynamics, plant design, transport, unit operations laboratories, and micro and nanofabrication. While there, he also advised multiple students in their research projects. Prior to entering the workforce, Dr. Levinson attended both MIT and Stanford University in pursuit of BS, MS, and PhD degrees in Chemical Engineering. Outside of work, Dr. Levinson is also active in the community. He was involved in youth sports as a coach and active parent in the Upper Milford Youth Association. He has also been heavily involved in Scouting since his youth and most recently over the last 12 years as an adult leader. Dr. Levinson presently serves as a School Board Director for the East Penn School District, and he is also a current board member of the EPSD Education Foundation actively promoting science-technology-engineering-arts-mathematics (STEAM) within the district. His hobbies include woodworking, tinkering, and undertaking do-it-yourself home maintenance and repairs—including furniture, custom cabinetry, and superhero wall art. He also has a dry sense of humor and loves a good pun!