EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Thursday, February 14, 2019, Schedule Day 1.
- The library will accept Study hall passes during periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods.
- The Principal’s Advisory Board Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, February 12th will need to be rescheduled. We will contact you with a new date soon.
- Mr. Emmaus has been rescheduled for Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00 p.m. in the EHS auditorium.
- The USA Biology Olympiad Exam is scheduled for TODAY after school. Students who have registered to take the Exam should report to room 421 @ 2:35 p.m.
- February’s EHS Library Maker Zone feature is calligraphy. Try incorporating it into a Valentine’s Day card of your own creation through TODAY. We supply the materials and tools (paper, markers, stickers, stamp designs, ink, pinking shears, etc.); you supply the creativity and enthusiasm to treat someone you love to a cute surprise!
- TODAY there will be a meeting after school in Cafe 1 for any students and faculty who are already registered or who are interested in volunteering with the Shave for the Brave.
- The EHS Library is running a limited-time only fine forgiveness event for Valentine’s Day that will conclude at the end of the day on Friday, February 15th. For students who bring overdue items in their possession directly to the library (not the book drop outside counseling) during this time period, the library will COMPLETELY DELETE the automatically-generated late charges! And we will cut in half the total of any pre-existing fine that is paid directly to us. Please spread the word to your students! The library loves it patrons and hopes many people will take advantage of this opportunity.
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- The next art club meeting will be Tuesday, February 19th.
- The INTERACT club will be selling gum during lunch periods every Monday and Tuesday in February. Bubble gum is $.25 and Orbits packs are $1. All proceeds will go back to the school to purchase the next filtered water fountain. Thank you!
- If you are taking an Advanced Placement course and wish to take an AP Exam, the registration period is currently open. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94. Payment is by cash or check (payable to EHS) ONLY, and is due at the time of registration. You do not need to write multiple checks if you are taking more than one exam; a single check for the total amount is fine. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. The registration deadline is Friday, March 1st at the end of the school day.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Game Club will be held Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to www.balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)||3/6 @ 1:00 pm|