“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, December 4, 2018, Schedule Day 3.
- The library will be open to study hall passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Pre-signed passes will be accepted during all periods.
- Did you try an hour of code? Every student should have a chance to learn about algorithms, how to make an app, or how the Internet works. You use this technology daily. Someone made the apps that you use. Wouldn’t it be cool to be that person? Check out hourofcode.com.
- The first contest of the American Computer Science League is taking place throughout this week. See Mrs. Stoudt for the program today.
- Did you know that 58 percent of all new jobs in STEM are in computing and that only 8 percent of STEM graduates get degrees in Computer Science?
- This week is Computer Science Education Week. Go to hourofcode.com to give coding a try.
- The next Dine to Donate for the 2019 Shave for the Brave will be held at the Alburtis Tavern today. Mention the 2019 Shave for the Brave when ordering and a portion of the proceeds will help families fight childhood cancer.
- Habitat for Humanity will meet today in Room 513. Christmas stockings are due.
- The first MODEL UN meeting of the year will be held on Wednesday, December 5th in room 531 after school until 3:00pm. Anyone interested in attending the Model UN competition on March 15th at Lehigh University should attend.
- The Emmaus Rotary Club is looking for charismatic high school participants in its annual Speech Contest. There are cash prizes starting at $150 for the local level at Emmaus High School to $1000 in the finals in Allentown. If you are interested in more information please see an Interact Club member or see Mrs. Kaunitz by Wednesday, December 5th. Thank you!
- For those of you interested in the Art and Humanities trip to Italy, don’t worry if you missed the first meeting. Because of the building closure during our first scheduled meeting we have rescheduled the meeting for the trip to Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome and much more!!**Come to the rescheduled meeting Wednesday, December 5th at 6:30 PM –7:30 PM in Room #517 at the High school. If for some reason you cannot attend this meeting, get trip information from Ms. Caruso in room 520 or Mrs. Maley in room 517. The discount period will be held for all serious travelers.
- No Place for Hate will meet on Thursday, December 6th from 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM in Room 409.
- Use your creative skills for a chance to win a prize! Bring your own gingerbread house kit and your friends and enter the Habitat for Humanity Gingerbread house competition on December 11 from 5:30-8 in the cafe for $5. Sign-up sheets are outside room 513 and are due Friday, December 7th!
- Join our next Global Citizens meeting and holiday party which will be held on Tuesday, December 11th after school in room 516.
- If you are interested in learning about different cultures of the world, come to the Foreign Culture Club, Monday, December 19th. Meet in room 516 after school for friends, food, and fun!
- The Emerging Health Professionals Program provides high school seniors with an opportunity to experience a variety of health care careers in a hospital setting and take Penn State science course for college credit. Students spend three days a week rotating among various departments of a hospital. Students will experience these departments throughout the three Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network facilities. Representatives from LCTI and Penn State University will be visiting Emmaus High School on Friday, December 19th at 1:00 pmto explain the program in detail and supply applications to interested and qualified juniors for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Interested students should stop by the counseling office to sign up for the presentation.
- SGA is running a blood drive for the Miller-Keystone Blood Center on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019, from 8:30AM- 1:00PM. If you would like to donate please e-mail Mrs. Montero or stop by room 537 to schedule your donation time.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
|LCCC||12/5 @ 9:00 am|
|Maine College of Art||12/5 @ 1:00 pm|