EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, February 5, 2019, Schedule Day 2.
- The Library will be open to Study hall passes during periods 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Pre-signed passes are welcome every period.
- There will be no art club TODAY. The next art club meeting will be Tuesday, February 19th.
- Buzz Magazine wil be holding it’s next full club meeting on Wednesday, February 6th at 2:30 p.m. in the Learning Lab. Looking forward to everyone attending!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- Track signups will be held TODAY after school in EHS Cafeteria 1.
- Boys Volleyball signups will be held TODAY after school in EHS Cafeteria 1.
- Habitat for Humanity will meet TODAY after school in room 513.
- Softball signups will be held on Wednesday, February 6th from 5:00-6:00pm in EHS Cafeteria 1.
- Boys Lacrosse signups will be held on Wednesday, February 6th after school in EHS Room 577.
- Emmaus High School’s Ceramic Shop Centeredhas a new display of work for Valentine’s Day. Come check out the store’s showcase outside of room 520 to shop for your sweetie! We have pendants, kiss boxes, bud vases, small heart dishes as well as other functional pieces. We can also customize items if you order by the deadline. Customized orders must be placed by the end of day on Wednesday, February 6th for delivery by Valentine’s Day February 14
- The 2nd contest of the American Computer Science League will take place now through February 8th. Topics will be presented periods 1, 4, and 7. See Mrs. Stoudt in room 366 for the program and topic packet. Information will be posted in the ACSL google classroom.
- Any students who are interested in participating in the Rotary 4-Way Speech Contest, please give your entry form to Mrs. Kaunitz in room 504. The speech will be held in the MMR on Thursday, February 7th.
- No Place For Hate will meet on Thursday, February 7th in room 409 from 7:00 a.m. – 7:20 a.m.
- The Health and Wellness/Fitness Club’s 8thAnnual Dodgeball Tournament will be held on Thursday, February 28th, from 6-9pm in the Main and Auxiliary Gyms. If you are interested in playing, please see a health or wellness/fitness teacher to sign-up. All paperwork must be submitted by February 7th.
- Baseball signups will be held on February 7th in EHS Room 353 at 3:00 p.m.
- PA Math League Club Members: The next PA Math League Club Meeting will take place on Thursday, February 7th at 2:30 p.m. in room 369. We will be practicing for the upcoming AMC and Lehigh competitions.
- Want to send a Valentine to someone special? Girl Up will be selling handmade, personalized Valentine’s Day Cards during all lunches from Wednesday, February 6th through Tuesday, February 12th. Stop by the table to purchase one! The Valentine’s Day Cards will be delivered during flex block to each recipient on Wednesday, February 13th. All proceeds made from the sales will go towards funding education and health services to girls in unprivileged countries.
- The INTERACT club will be selling gum during lunch periods every Monday and Tuesday in February. Bubble gum is $.25 and Orbits packs are $1. All proceeds will go back to the school to purchase the next filtered water fountain. Thank you!
- The Art Department would like to share great news about some of the high school’s most creative artists!! 32 of our High School’s young artists works have been awarded! They received various distinctions for their artworks through East Central Pennsylvania’s Scholastic Art Competition.
- 18 studentsartworks earned Honorable Mentions and a place in the Regional Online Gallery
- 29 studentsartworks won Silver Keys and a place in the Regional Exhibition
- 9 Studentsartworks were awarded Gold Keys, a place in the Regional Exhibition and Judging on the National level for a chance to go to Carnegie Hall and receive National recognition
- The Regional Exhibition will take place at Kutztown University’s Miller Gallery from February 24ththrough March 15th
Congratulations to all award winners and best of luck to our gold recipients on the national judging!
- Girls Lacrosse signups will be held on Monday, February 11th at 2:45pm in EHS Room 578.
- The Mr. Emmaus contest will be held Wednesday, February 13th at 7:00 p.m. in the EHS auditorium.
- If you are taking an Advanced Placement course and wish to take an AP Exam, the registration period is currently open. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94. Payment is by cash or check (payable to EHS) ONLY, and is due at the time of registration. You do not need to write multiple checks if you are taking more than one exam; a single check for the total amount is fine. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. The registration deadline is Friday, March 1st at the end of the school day.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Army National Guard||2/8 @ 9:00 am|
|Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)||3/6 @ 1:00 pm|