EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, March 12, 2019, Schedule Day 3.
- The library will be accepting study hall passes during all periods EXCEPT period 1. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods.
- Calling all Mud Club members, our big event is less than two weeks away. TODAY is the last meeting to decorate and glaze Empty Bowls, all bowls must be glazed. Come in this week to do your part in finishing the bowls for this event.
- National Honor Society will meet in Caf 2 during Flex Block on Wednesday, March 13th. Juniors and Seniors are expected to attend.
- The next GSA meeting will be held TODAY after school in Room 360.
- The Young Democrats will hold their next meeting on Wednesday, March 13th in room 310 right after school. All current and prospective members are welcome.
- A meeting for all students traveling to Japan will be held Wednesday, March 13th during flex block in room 523. You’ll receive a pass for this meeting next week!
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Spaghetti dinner Saturday March 16th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the EHS café. Tickets for the dinner are $10 for those over 10 years old and $5 for those under 10 years old. It is the same day as the musical so make sure you get your tickets for both and enjoy dinner and a show!
- Emmaus will be held Wednesday, March 27th, from 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. in the Emmaus High School auditorium.
- Attention Seniors: The local scholarship list is now available and were distributed during Flex Block on Wednesday, March 6th. Students can pick up applications in the Counseling Office. The deadline to return ALL completed scholarship applications is Friday, March 29th – NO exceptions!
- March is Career Readiness month! The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to offer Career Speaker Visits throughout the month. Students are invited to meet with professionals from a wide range of industries (everything from arborists to engineers to cyber security) and learn more about potential careers. The full list of speakers can be found in Naviance and on the EHS Counseling website, as well as posted around the school. Interested students should sign up in Naviance for each speaker. Please see the EHS Counseling website or your counselor for details!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Manor College||3/12 @ 9:00 am|
The following Career Speakers are scheduled during the week of March 10. Students interested in attending the visit may sign up through Naviance.
Tuesday, March 12 @ 11:30 a.m., Daniel Gasper, NETIZEN: NETIZEN is a cybersecurity company.
Wednesday, March 13 @ 1:00 p.m., Steve Gould, BH&G REALTORS: Professional Experience: Practicing Real Estate since November 2004. Working with Relocation Professionals since 2006. Prior to becoming a Realtor, was CEO of privately held company 1995-2007. Executed sale of that company in 2007. Prudential Relocation Certifications earned include Relocation Inventory, Marketing Assistance and Destination Services. Weichert Services-WRRI Accredited Agent. GMAC Medalion Club 2005, Prudential Leading Edge Society 2006, 2007, 2008. Chairman’s Circle Gold 2009. 2009 Licensed as Associate Broker. President’s Circle 2010, 2011. Emmaus Rotary Member since 2005, Board Member 2010-2013. Opened Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Valley Partners June 2012. Education: Being licensed as Associate Broker means I have achieved the highest level of education and license status available. The standards of practice and knowledge are elevated in an effort to provide the absolute highest professional, ethical and service levels available in today’s ever changing market. I have also obtained the following designations: Certified Residential Specialist(CRS), Graduate REALTOR Institute(GRI), Accredited Buyer Representative(ABR)and Senior Real Estate Specialist(SRES). Steve has been practicing Real Estate since November 2004. Prior to becoming a Broker, he was the CEO of a privately held company from 1995-2007. In 2007, he executed the sale of that company to focus on Real Estate full time. Over the past 7 years, he has been in the Top 2% of Producers in the Lehigh Valley. In 2012, Steve was a founding partner of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Valley Partners in Emmaus and progressed to help organize The Next Generation Group, Inc. which he operates as Broker of Record.
Thursday, March 14 @ 9:00 a.m., Suzanne Toto, Stenographer: A court reporter plays a critical role in legal proceedings which require an exact record of what was said. They are responsible for producing complete, accurate and secure legal transcripts of courtroom proceedings, witness testimonies and depositions. The education requirement is a two-year associate degree. There are many online programs.
Friday, March 15 @ 1:00 p.m., Salvatore Verrastro, Spillman Farmer Architects: Salvatore Verrastro, FCSI, AIA, CCS, CCCA, NCARB., is a Partner with Spillman Farmer Architects, located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and has been with the firm since 1983. Sal graduated from Kansas State University in 1981. In addition to being a Registered Architect, a certified Construction Specifier, and a certified Construction Contract Administrator, he is a past adjunct faculty member in the Department of Environmental Engineering at Lafayette College in Easton, PA., at the Northampton Community College?s Department of Architecture. Sal is very active nationally with American Institute of Architect (AIA).