EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Wednesday, March 6, 2019, Schedule Day 6.
- The library will be accepting study hall passes during periods 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Pre-signed passes are welcome during all periods.
- The next Buzz Magazine meeting will be held TODAY at 2:30 p.m. in the Learning Lab. New members are always welcome!
- No Place For Hate will meet on Thursday, March 7th from 7:00 a.m. – 7:20 a.m. in room 409.
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Spaghetti dinner Saturday March 16th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the EHS café. Tickets for the dinner are $10 for those over 10 years old and $5 for those under 10 years old. It is the same day as the musical so make sure you get your tickets for both and enjoy dinner and a show!
- Students: If you plan to take Spanish 3 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain during Easter Break 2020 there is still time to enroll! Stop by and see Señora Hess in room 332 or Señora Ardito in room 235 for information.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- Game Club will be held Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)||3/6 1:00 pm|
|Manor College||3/12 @ 9:00 am|
The following Career Speakers are scheduled during the week of March 3. Students interested in attending the visit may sign up through Naviance.
Wednesday, March 6 @ 9:00 am, Steve Klakowicz, Patrick McNealis Insurance – Mr. Klakowicz graduated from Penn State University with a B. A. degree in labor and employment relations. He assists new and current customers with insurance needs and policies including home, auto and life insurance. He has also taken on HR duties in the past year, including everything from recruiting potential employees, onboarding new hires, payroll, benefits, employee relations and performance reviews.
Thursday, March 7 @ 1:00 pm, Jack Sharp, Disney Destinations – Jack is a seasoned sales leader with over 25 years of experience in the field of business, management and sales. Jack has been a
Cast Member with Disney for over fifteen years. Currently, he is the Regional Sales Director for the Northeast Region. Leading a team of nine District Sales Managers, Jack helps drive business to the Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort, Adventures by Disney® and Aulani, a Disney® Resort and Spa. Jack’s true passion is servant leadership and supporting his team to reach their personal and professional goals. In addition to that, providing insights and best practices to those at the beginning of their careers is something that is close to Jack’s heart. He has a proven background of building impactful professional relationships with clients, direct reports, peers and third-party partners. What sets him apart, and is a central part of his job, is his ability to learn how different businesses operate and then, in turn, utilize that knowledge to devise a successful strategy to insure growth. Jack graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing.