“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Thursday, April 25, 2019, Schedule Day 3
- Library is open to passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 9.
- The next No Place for Hate meeting will be held today from 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM in Room 409.
- The next Habitat for Humanity Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 30th after school in Room 513.
- The next Economics and Investment Club meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 30th in room 538 at 2:35. Guest speaker, Mrs. Espenshade, will be talking about stocks, mutual funds, and profitability. New members are always welcome to attend!
- The Student-Athlete Announcement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 2nd in the EHS Auditorium at 1:00pm. Any student who wants to attend the ceremony must report to their 8th period class and get a pass to the auditorium. The ceremony starts at 1:00pm. No student will be admitted without a pass. We will not accept assignment books…we need passes to keep and verify that a student was there. Thanks!
- The After Ball, Around the World, will be held on Friday, May 3rd, from 11:30 pm to 4:30 am. All seniors and their guests are invited. The cost is $12.00 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Tickets will be on sale April 15,
- 16, 17, and also on 24th during lunches.
- Class of 2020, log in to the class of 2020 google classroom and nominate a student for Prom King and Prom Queen. You will only get one nomination each. You can nominate from April 15 through April 26 only on google classroom.
- Make-up testing that is normally scheduled for the Learning Lab is temporarily on hold until further notice. However, the Learning Lab is now open for tutoring and extra help in its new location in the EHS Library.
- Crafty folk can try their hand at a 1970s fad in the library Maker Zone: pet rocks. Everything you need to make your own retro critter—from the rock itself to googly eyes and faux hair—will be provided. Just add enthusiasm!
- Boys and Girls lacrosse teams will be battling Pancreatic Cancer in their annual PanCan lacrosse games against Southern Lehigh on Saturday, April 27th. In efforts to raise money for a great cause, players will be selling PanCan t-shirts during all lunch periods starting Thursday, April 18th up until Friday April 26th. Short-sleeved tee shorts are $10 and long-sleeved are $15. All proceeds go toward the research and treatment for pancreatic cancer. Wearing the t-shirt earns you free entrance to the games played at Southern Lehigh High School. Go Hornets!
- Join us for the 7th annual Emmaus High School College Fair on Thursday, May 2nd. The College Fair will be held from 6-8 pm in both EHS Gymnasiums. Representatives from over 135 national colleges, technical schools, apprenticeship programs, and members of the armed forces will be on hand to answer questions and provide information to students and families.
- Art Show tee shirts are now on sale in the art rooms from now until Friday, May 3rd. Please pick up an order form with the art teachers if you are interested.
- Attention Juniors: Are you interested in taking a free college course at DeSales University during your senior year? The DeSales University High School Scholars program may be what you’re looking for. This competitive program allows highly motivated and talented high school seniors to take a course on the DeSales campus tuition free during the Fall 2019 semester. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details. Application deadline is Friday, May 3rd.
- If you are interested in running for class officer next school year, please grab an application from the activities office or print it from your grade Google Classroom. Completed applications are due Tuesday, May 7th at the afterschool meeting.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|Liberty University||April 29 @ 9:00 am|
|Varsity Softball||Allen||Kiwanis Field||4:00pm||2:15pm|
|JV Softball||Bangor||Williams St.||4:00pm||2:15pm|
|JV Baseball||Allen||Scheresville Field #5||4:15pm||2:45pm|
|Varsity Baseball||Allen||Emmaus Community Park||7:00pm|
|JV Boys Lacrosse||Freedom||Freedom HS||5:30pm|
|Varsity Boys Lacrosse||Freedom||Freedom HS||7:00pm|
|JV Girls Lacrosse||Liberty||BASD||6:30pm|
|Varsity Girls Lacrosse||Liberty||BASD||7:45pm|