“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, December 11, 2018, Schedule Day 2.
- The library will be open to study hall passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Pre-signed passes will be accepted during all periods.
- All NHS Inductees are asked to report to the auditorium lobby by 5:30 pm tonight. Induction will begin at 6pm
- All SENIOR NHS members will report to the auditorium during Flex Block on Wednesday. Please report directly from period 3.
- For your holiday shopping pleasure, Emmaus High School’s Pottery shop, Centered, will be open for business this week. Stop by room 520 to see our showcase filled with handmade pottery. These beautiful products will be on sale until Christmas.
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Gingerbread House competition today from 5:30-8:00 pm in the café. Don’t forget your kit and creative skills!
- Tickets for today’s Boys Basketball game vs. Parkland are available in the Athletic Office from 8:00am-2:00pm. Adults are $5, Students and Seniors are $3.
- Join our next Global Citizens meeting and holiday party which will be held today after school in room 516.
- The next GSA meeting will be held after school today in Room 360. Join us for our holiday party as we prepare for our winter fundraiser!
- Students in National Honor Society who volunteered to participate in the book gift bags for first graders should drop off their bags in 574 by today.
- Students being inducted into the National Society today are reminded that there is a time change. Induction will take place in the high school auditorium at 6:00 pm, not 7:00 pm as previously indicated. Any student who has not paid the induction fee is asked to do so by the end of this week.
- Sophomore Hikari Inaoka has offered to demonstrate/teach origami during a special FLEX period in the library on Wednesday, December 12th. Anyone interested in learning more about the traditional Japanese art of paper folding through actual practice is welcome during FLEX on December 12th; simply get a signed yellow pass from your HR teacher and join us!
- Hikari has made a special origami creation, a Christmas tree, which will be the prize in a silent auction the library will conduct from Monday, December 10th through Friday, December 21st. Patrons will complete a slip of paper containing their name, HR, and bid amount and place this in a container at the circulation desk. The student or faculty/staff member who has made the highest bid at the end of December 21st will win the tree, and the money will be donated to the EHS Angel Network.
- The Young Democrats will hold their next meeting on Wednesday December 12th in room 533 right after school. All current and prospective members are welcome.
- All students who have committed to complete a history day project should submit two copies of their title page, process paper, and works cited after school in the library on Thursday, December 13th, or submit them to Mr. Carolla in room 529 or Mrs. Montero in room 537.
- The 2nd Annual EHS Origami Fundraiser benefiting the Angel Network will take place from 12/17-12/20. A table will be set up between the cafeterias during all 4 lunch periods. Get your quarters and dollar bills ready because there will be a ton of origami available for you to buy! Also, please remember there will be a Christmas tree bidding contest starting 12/10 in the library. Put your bid on the Christmas tree that is completely made out of origami cubes. Make sure to submit your bid in the library for a chance to get a once in a lifetime origami Christmas tree!
- If you are interested in learning about different cultures of the world, come to the Foreign Culture Club, Monday, December 19th. Meet in room 516 after school for friends, food, and fun!
- The Emerging Health Professionals Program provides high school seniors with an opportunity to experience a variety of health care careers in a hospital setting and take Penn State science course for college credit. Students spend three days a week rotating among various departments of a hospital. Students will experience these departments throughout the three Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network facilities. Representatives from LCTI and Penn State University will be visiting Emmaus High School on Friday, December 19th at 1:00 pmto explain the program in detail and supply applications to interested and qualified juniors for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Interested students should stop by the counseling office to sign up for the presentation.
- SGA is running a blood drive for the Miller-Keystone Blood Center on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019, from 8:30AM- 1:00PM. If you would like to donate please e-mail Mrs. Montero or stop by room 537 to schedule your donation time.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
|11-Dec||JH Boys Basketball||Parkland||EHS Main Gym||4:00pm|
|JV Boys Basketball||Parkland||EHS Main Gym||5:30pm|
|Varsity Boys Basketball||Parkland||EHS Main Gym||7:00pm|
|Rifle||East Stroudsburg South||Unami Gun Club||4:00pm|
|JH Girls Basketball||Parkland||Parkland HS||4:00pm|
|JV Girls Basketball||Parkland||Parkland HS||5:30pm|
|Varsity Girls Basketball||Parkland||Parkland HS||7:00pm|