“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Wednesday, December 19, 2018, Schedule Day 2.
- The library will be open to study hall passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Pre-signed passes will be accepted during all periods.
- Do you enjoy photography? The Emmaus Arts Commission is looking for student photographers to participate in this year’s EAC Photo Contest. Winners receive cash and prizes and there is a separate category just for students. Submissions are due by Friday, January 25th at Emmaus Borough Hall. The contest is open now and submitted photos will be on display to the public during the SnowBlast Winter Arts Festival on February 2nd. Visit emmausarts.org for more information about the contest and rules packet.
- There will be a brief informational/registration meeting for the USA Biology Olympiad Test in Rm 421 this today. If unable to attend, see Mrs. Barthold , Rm 421.
- Ticket sales for the Boys Basketball game vs. Central Catholic (12/21) will start on Wednesday (12/19) in the Athletic Office from 8:00am-2:00pm. Adults are $5, Students and Seniors are $3.
- Come join us and become a part of the 47 year legacy with the Emmaus High School Fitness Team! We will be holding a meeting this Thursday, December 20th at 7:00 P.M. in room # 353 to discuss how you can learn to improve your overall fitness and to learn about competing for the national title which is frequently held in San Diego, California! Whether you want to compete against competitors from around the country or if you want to get in shape with your friends, ALL are welcome! So come join us to learn about improving your physical fitness, physique, and overall health!
- Attention students who are interested in the Rotary Speech Contest – There will be a meeting afterschool in room 504 on January 3rd at 2:30. Dr. Moyer will be providing more information as well as answering any questions you may have.
- An important Freshmen Class Meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 7th, 2019 during period 2 in the auditorium. Topics being discussed are midterm exams and course scheduling for next year.
- The Hornet’s Nest is open all week for Christmas shopping. Stop by for spirit wear that make great last minute gifts.
- Sophomore Hikari Inaoka has made a special origami creation, a Christmas tree, which will be the prize in a silent auction the library will conduct from Monday, December 10th through Friday, December 21st. Patrons will complete a slip of paper containing their name, HR, and bid amount and place this in a container at the circulation desk. The student or faculty/staff member who has made the highest bid at the end of December 21st will win the tree, and the money will be donated to the EHS Angel Network.
- For your holiday shopping pleasure, Emmaus High School’s Pottery shop, Centered, will be open for business this week. Stop by room 520 to see our showcase filled with handmade pottery. These beautiful products will be on sale until Christmas.
- The 2nd Annual EHS Origami Fundraiser benefiting the Angel Network will take place from 12/17-12/20. A table will be set up between the cafeterias during all 4 lunch periods. Get your quarters and dollar bills ready because there will be a ton of origami available for you to buy! Also, please remember there will be a Christmas tree bidding contest starting 12/10 in the library. Put your bid on the Christmas tree that is completely made out of origami cubes. Make sure to submit your bid in the library for a chance to get a once in a lifetime origami Christmas tree!
- No Place for Hate will hold their Holiday Breakfast today during Flex Block in Room 409.
- The Emerging Health Professionals Program provides high school seniors with an opportunity to experience a variety of health care careers in a hospital setting and take Penn State science course for college credit. Students spend three days a week rotating among various departments of a hospital. Students will experience these departments throughout the three Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network facilities. Representatives from LCTI and Penn State University will be visiting Emmaus High School on today at 1:00 pmto explain the program in detail and supply applications to interested and qualified juniors for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Interested students should stop by the counseling office to sign up for the presentation.
- If you are inspired to connect with others, make an impact on our world and/or travel, don’t miss an opportunity to hear from representatives from the Peace Corps and Operation Smile, a nonprofit medical service organization. Learn more about these organizations or global service, in general, from two current volunteers serving in Madagascar. The volunteers will be at EHS during period 2 on Thursday, December 20th to speak with students about their experiences and to answer questions. Interested students in grades 9-12 can register on Naviance or stop in the counseling office to sign up.
- The Counseling office is excited to offer seniors the opportunity to participate in an Instant Decision Day with Moravian College on Friday, January 4th as part of the college application process. Interested students should sign up in the Counseling Office.
- SGA is running a blood drive for the Miller-Keystone Blood Center on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019, from 8:30AM- 1:00PM. If you would like to donate please e-mail Mrs. Montero or stop by room 537 to schedule your donation time.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
|19-Dec||JH Wrestling||Becahi||EHS Main Gym||5:30pm|
|JV Wrestling||Becahi||EHS Main Gym||5:30pm|
|Varsity Wrestling||Becahi||EHS Main Gym||7:00pm|
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|US National Guard||Jan. 4 @ 9:00 am|
|US Marines||Jan. 22 @ 1:00 pm|