“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Wednesday, December 12, 2018, Schedule Day 3.
- The library will be open to study hall passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 9. Pre-signed passes will be accepted during all periods.
- There will be a Scrub Basketball League Meeting in the Sports center lobby on Thursday, December 13th at 9:00pm. Only the captains of teams need to come. Captains; please bring your rosters, shirt sizes, and league fees.
- If you are inspired to connect with others, make an impact on our world and/or travel, don’t miss an opportunity to hear from representatives from the Peace Corps and Operation Smile, a nonprofit medical service organization. Learn more about these organizations or global service, in general, from two current volunteers serving in Madagascar. The volunteers will be at EHS during period 2 on Thursday, December 20th to speak with students about their experiences and to answer questions. Interested students in grades 9-12 can register on Naviance or stop in the counseling office to sign up.
- Habitat for Humanity will hold their party on Tuesday, December 18th after school in Room 513.
- No Place for Hate will hold their Holiday Breakfast on Wednesday, December 19th during Flex Block in Room 409
- All SENIOR NHS members will report to the auditorium during Flex Block today. Please report directly from period 3.
- Sophomore Hikari Inaoka has offered to demonstrate/teach origami during a special FLEX period in the library today. Anyone interested in learning more about the traditional Japanese art of paper folding through actual practice is welcome during FLEX today; simply get a signed yellow pass from your HR teacher and join us!
- Hikari has made a special origami creation, a Christmas tree, which will be the prize in a silent auction the library will conduct from Monday, December 10th through Friday, December 21st. Patrons will complete a slip of paper containing their name, HR, and bid amount and place this in a container at the circulation desk. The student or faculty/staff member who has made the highest bid at the end of December 21st will win the tree, and the money will be donated to the EHS Angel Network.
- The Young Democrats will hold their next meeting today in room 533 right after school. All current and prospective members are welcome.
- All students who have committed to complete a history day project should submit two copies of their title page, process paper, and works cited after school in the library on Thursday, December 13th, or submit them to Mr. Carolla in room 529 or Mrs. Montero in room 537.
- For your holiday shopping pleasure, Emmaus High School’s Pottery shop, Centered, will be open for business this week. Stop by room 520 to see our showcase filled with handmade pottery. These beautiful products will be on sale until Christmas.
- The 2nd Annual EHS Origami Fundraiser benefiting the Angel Network will take place from 12/17-12/20. A table will be set up between the cafeterias during all 4 lunch periods. Get your quarters and dollar bills ready because there will be a ton of origami available for you to buy! Also, please remember there will be a Christmas tree bidding contest starting 12/10 in the library. Put your bid on the Christmas tree that is completely made out of origami cubes. Make sure to submit your bid in the library for a chance to get a once in a lifetime origami Christmas tree!
- If you are interested in learning about different cultures of the world, come to the Foreign Culture Club, Monday, December 17th. Meet in room 516 after school for friends, food, and fun!
- The Emerging Health Professionals Program provides high school seniors with an opportunity to experience a variety of health care careers in a hospital setting and take Penn State science course for college credit. Students spend three days a week rotating among various departments of a hospital. Students will experience these departments throughout the three Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network facilities. Representatives from LCTI and Penn State University will be visiting Emmaus High School on Friday, December 21st at 1:00 pmto explain the program in detail and supply applications to interested and qualified juniors for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Interested students should stop by the counseling office to sign up for the presentation.
- SGA is running a blood drive for the Miller-Keystone Blood Center on Tuesday, January 8th, 2019, from 8:30AM- 1:00PM. If you would like to donate please e-mail Mrs. Montero or stop by room 537 to schedule your donation time.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
|12-Dec||JH Wrestling||Stroudsburg||Stroudsburg HS||5:30pm|
|Varsity Wrestling||Stroudsburg||Stroudsburg HS||7:00pm|