Below you will find the schedule with the newly designated midterm exam dates and additional information regarding the administration of the midterm exams for the 2018-2019 school year. The testing periods will be scheduled as follows:
|Midterm Exam Schedule||Tuesday, January 22
Exam Day 1
|Wednesday, January 23
Exam Day 2
|Thursday, January 24
Exam Day 3
|7:25 – 8:55||Period 1||Period 4||Period 7|
|9:10 – 10:40||Period 2||Period 5||Period 8|
|11:30 – 1:00||Period 3||Period 6||Period 9|
The first day of the second semester and 3rd marking period will begin on Monday, January 28. Make-ups for midterm exams will be administered on Friday, January 25 and Monday, January 28. In the event of a two-hour delay or school closing due to inclement weather, all revised midterm exam schedules and information will be posted on the EHS website. Please review all pertinent information below:
- Educational Trip Request Forms submitted with dates occurring over midterms exams may not be approved. Please see item #3 on the front of the East Penn School District Educational Trip Request Form. However, accommodations will be made for those families who previously submitted forms for educational trips on these dates prior to the change in the midterm examination dates. Please contact your child’s Assistant Principal if you have any questions regarding such requests.
- Any student who is absent on the day of an exam must provide a doctor’s note to Ms. Rodriguez’s office immediately upon return to school. Parent notes will not be accepted without the required doctor’s note.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late to an exam will not be allowed to take the exam and will receive a zero.
- Students are only required to be at school during the times when they have exams and are welcome to arrange their own transportation to and from school.
- Cafeteria study halls will be provided for students who have free time between exams or who are unable to arrange alternate transportation.
- Transportation to school during exam sessions will be provided at the regularly scheduled time.
- Transportation home will be provided at 1:00 p.m. Students may find their own transportation home after exams or will be required to attend study hall in the cafeteria until 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch will be available for purchase in the cafeteria each day between 10:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- CAP & All-Day LCTI students will report to LCTI as per their regular schedule.
- Half-Day AM and PM LCTI students will remain at EHS for exams and will not report to LCTI.
MODIFIED EXAM SCHEDULE FOR DELAYED OPENING OR SCHOOL CLOSINGS:
In the event of a delayed opening, only 2 exams will be given and the Period 9 Exam will be moved to the make-up day. The schedule would go as follows:
- 9:25-10:55 – Exam 1
- 10:55-11:25 – Lunch
- 11:30-1:00 – Exam 2
If school is closed due to inclement weather, then the administration of the midterm exams will be moved to the following day:
Ex: If school is closed on Tuesday, then the exams for Periods 1, 2 and 3 will be given on Wednesday; the exams for Periods 4, 5 and 6 will be given on Thursday; the exams for Periods 7, 8 and 9 will be given on Friday. Make-up exams will then be moved to Monday and Tuesday of the following week.