Message from Call-Out on 8/28/20
Good Morning, Emmaus High School Families!
We are looking forward to beginning the school year with all of you next week. Just a few quick reminders –
Week One Schedule
- Our Week 1 Schedule that was mailed to you earlier this month is still in effect for next week. Hybrid students will attend school in person one day next week while remote students and hybrid students not scheduled to be there that day will log in to their classes from home. Each day next week is a ½ day for students, beginning with Period ONE at 7:23 and ending at 11:00. High school students will have assignments to complete in Schoology independently outside of those hours.
- Students with late arrival or early dismissal on their schedules should report to the main gym. Parent signature cards must be completed before students can begin these privileges.
- Half-DAY LCTI students do not begin LCTI until Tuesday, September 8th. They should follow the printed schedule for week 1 next week that was sent out to all students and report to the black box during their scheduled LCTI class periods.
- CAP and Academic Center students – A-K attend LCTI on Tuesday, 9/1 and L-Z on Thursday, 9/3.
Materials Pickup for Fully Remote Students
Students who selected fully remote as their learning preference on the family survey are asked to come to the school building to meet their teachers and pick up their materials according to the schedule below.
Monday, August 31st –
9th grade students with last names A-K – Between 12 and 1pm
9th grade students with last names L-Z – Between 1 and 2pm
Tuesday, September 1st –
10th grade students with last names A-K – Between 12 and 1pm
10th grade students with last names L-Z – Between 1 and 2pm
Wednesday, September 2nd –
11th grade students with last names A-K – Between 12 and 1pm
11th grade students with last names L-Z – Between 1 and 2pm
Thursday, September 3rd –
12th grade students with last names A-K – Between 12 and 1pm
12th grade students with last names L-Z – Between 1 and 2pm
We ask that parents or guardians wait in their vehicles and allow their child to come into the school alone to reduce the number of people at one time in the school building. Students should enter the building at the auditorium/locker commons entrance and visit each of their teachers to pick up materials. Teachers will post pickup locations in Schoology, if they are different than the room number printed on the schedule. Staff members will be on hand to help direct 9th graders and other students who may be less familiar with the school building.
Students who are not able to come in during their assigned time may arrange to pick up materials on Wednesday, September 2nd between 5:30pm and 7:30pm. Teachers will not be available during that time to meet with students, but staff will be on hand in our bus channel/auditorium entrance area to provide students with their books and materials. Families are asked to notify us of their intention to come at this time by completing THIS FORM.
- This week, the district launched a Family Tech Resources page, with lots of information about tech tools and resources for parents and students. Of particular importance is the information on Schoology, which is replacing Google Classroom this year. Please take some time to check out that site with your child and create a parent account. Your child already has an account created for them and should log in at least once before Monday to be sure they are ready to go. If you received a new access code via email this week but already have an account, it is not necessary for you to create a new one.
- As a reminder, student schedules not being mailed this year. They can be accessed electronically via PowerSchool prior to the first day of school
- Beginning Tuesday, September 8th, EHS students will participate in their coursework remotely from home until October 26th. Students are required to log in to each of their classes online from home and participate synchronously with their teachers and classmates. Remote attendance is not not required for study halls.
- Our Parent/Student Handbook is available on the main page of our website and contains detailed information about attendance expectations and lots of other important topics.
Our offices are open every day from 7am until 3pm and we are glad to answer any questions you have and provide you with assistance that you and your child need to start the school year off successfully. Thank you for your support as we begin this new and different school year together.