Midterm exams for the 2017-2018 school year will begin on Friday, January 19th and will conclude on Tuesday, January 23rd. The testing periods will be scheduled as follows:
- Exams for Periods 1, 2, 3 will be administered on Friday, January 19th
- Exams for Periods 4, 5, 6 will be administered on Monday, January 22nd
- Exams for Periods 7, 8, 9 will be administered on Tuesday, January 23rd
Make-ups for midterm exams will be administered on Wednesday, January 24th and Thursday, January 25th. The first day of the second semester and 3rd marking period will begin on Wednesday, January 24th. In the event of a two-hour delay or school closing due to inclement weather, notification will be provided through the EHS website, E-Blast and through an automated call. The following are a couple of important reminders regarding the midterm examination schedule:
- The high school will follow a Cycle Day 1 for all three midterm exam days. Due to the snow day that occurred on Wednesday, January 17th, EHS will remain on Cycle Day 1 for January 24th, so that the high school will be back in sync with the rest of the district.
- It is important that students make every effort to be in attendance to take their midterm exams, as they are worth 10% of the overall grade for a course. If a student is absent on the day of an exam, he or she must provide a doctor’s note to Ms. Rodriguez’s office immediately upon his or her return to school. Parent notes will not be accepted without the accompanying doctor’s note. Should there be a personal or an extenuating circumstance surrounding your child’s absence from a midterm that you wish to discuss, please reach out to your child’s guidance counselor to provide further information regarding the absence and discuss next steps.
- Trip requests may not be approved during semester examination periods as per item #3 on the East Penn School District Trip Request Form.
- Students who are over 15 minutes late for an exam are not allowed to take the exam and will receive a zero.
- EHS has an open campus policy during the semester examination periods. This means that students are only required to be in school during the times when they have exams scheduled and are welcome to arrange their own transportation to and from school. During each day of exams, transportation to school will be provided at the regularly scheduled time in the morning and transportation home will be provided at 1:00 p.m. Students may not roam the building and doors will be locked between exam sessions as a safety precaution. Cafeteria study halls will be provided for students who either have free time between exams or are unable to arrange transportation to leave school.
- Lunches will be available for purchase each day between 10:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Regarding LCTI students, CAP and All-Day LCTI students will report to LCTI as per their regular schedule during midterm exam days. AM and PM LCTI students will remain at EHS for their scheduled midterm exams and will not report to LCTI.
If you have any questions regarding midterm exams, please don’t hesitate your child’s Grade Level Principal or Counselor. Thank you and good luck on all upcoming exams.