The following message was sent out to all subscribers via our E-Blast system this afternoon:
As you know, our SnoCo dance this month was unfortunately postponed due to safety concerns. Since then, we have worked closely with local law enforcement to investigate the situation and determine next steps. We and our partners in the Emmaus Police Department have determined that there is no credible threat to our school, nor to the SnoCo event.
We are pleased to announce that the SnoCo dance has been rescheduled to Saturday, March 9th. Tickets will be on sale the week of Tuesday, February 19th. Students who are no longer able to attend due to the new date can receive refunds from Mrs. Montero before period 1 or after school or room 537.
Our number one priority is for all students who attend the dance to enjoy themselves in a safe and secure environment. As such, our normal security protocols for dances will remain in place. They include the following:
- Four uniformed Emmaus Police Officers will be on site throughout the event
- Four building administrators, as well as numerous other faculty/staff chaperones will provide supervision for students
- Students will enter through one of only two supervised entrances – one in the sports center lobby and the other through the doors next to the cafeteria underneath the administrative offices on Pine Street.
- All attendees will be screened upon entry by a school administrator. This screening may include the use of handheld metal detectors.
- No bags or backpacks will be permitted into the event. Small purses are permitted but will be subject to search. Students may also be asked to empty pockets before entering. Coats will be hung in the lobby area but will not be permitted past the dance entry point.
- Once all students have entered, the doors will be secured. Those who leave the event will not be permitted to return.
- Two social/dance areas will be available to students, one in the main gym and the other in the cafeteria. Students with lockers in the hallways between these locations will not be permitted to access them during the dance.
We look forward to a safe and enjoyable rescheduled 2019 SnoCo and thank the Student Government Association and their faculty advisor for all the work they have put into the planning and execution of this special event.