“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, January 17, 2020, Schedule Day 1.
- The Library is open for quiet study only during exams. No phones or other electronic devices will be allowed.
- The next meeting for Costa Rica/Panama will be on January 29th in room 236 at 6:30 PM. Please use door 4 to enter the building. There is a maximum number of students we can take, so please attend the meeting to sign up as soon as possible.
- The Emmaus Public Library will have an SAT Prep workshop on Saturday, January 18th from 10:30am – 12:30pm. Students can sign up at the front desk, email email@example.com or call 610-965-9284×209. There will also be other programming for students. Check with the Emmaus Public Library for more information.
- The next Habitat for Humanity meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 21st in Room 513.
- Join LCCC’s Admissions Representative, Jessica Ortiz, for a Virtual Q & A Session on January 22nd from 6 – 7pm from the comfort of your own home, office or on the go via your phone. She is available to answer any college, admissions, general financial aid or program questions that you may have. You can log on for the whole hour to listen to all questions and answers or have your question answered and log off. For more info and a link to the session, please see the Counseling website.
- The next Kid to Kid meeting will be Thursday, January 23rd in room 227 at 2:30. Phantom fundraiser ticket sale numbers and money are due this meeting.
- The next No Place for Hate meeting will be held on Thursday, January 23rd from 2:30-3:00 in Room 566.
- Boys Volleyball sign ups have been changed to Tuesday, January 28th after school in Cafeteria 1.
- Habitat for Humanity will be having a FlapJack Fundraiser on February 1st at the Applebee’s in Trexlertown from 8:00 a.m. – 10 a.m. Tickets are $5 for children under 10 years old and $10 for everyone else. See any Habitat for Humanity member or come to room 513 to buy tickets.
- The senior group photo will take place on Tuesday, February 4th during the first 15 minutes of 1st period. Senior AM LCTI students, if you would like to be included in the photo, please sign up in Mr. Annoni’s office and we will have you taken to LCTI after the photo.
- Students who are interested in attending LCTI for the first time next year must pick up an application from the Counseling Office. Applications are due in the Counseling Office no later than February 21st.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|JH Boys Basket|
|JV Boys Basket|
|Varsity Boys Basketball||Stroudsburg||Stroudsburg HS||7:00pm|
| JH Girls Basket|
|Stroudsburg||EHS Main Gym||4:00pm|
|JV Girls Basket|
|Stroudsburg||EHS Main Gym||5:30pm|
|Varsity Girls Basketball||Stroudsburg||EHS Main Gym||7:00pm|
|Swimming||Wilson West Lawn||EHS Pool||4:00pm|