“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, October 11, 2019, Schedule Day 2.
- Classes are scheduled in the Library today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 8. Passes will be accepted during Periods 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- Tuesday, October 15th begins nearly three weeks of NAIL ART fun in the EHS Library Maker Zone! Make a fall fingernail statement with seasonal polish colors, decals, charms and creative ideas.
- Wrestling signups will be held on Tuesday, October 15th in the wrestling room from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Boys freshman, JV and Varsity basketball signups will be held on Wednesday, October 16th after school in the Sports Center Lobby.
- There will be a LEO Club meeting on Thursday, October 17th, in room 607 directly after school.
- The next meeting of the ACSL club and Girls Who Code club will be Thursday, October 17th in room 366. Please see Mrs. Stoudt or Mrs. Brashear for more information.
- Attention sophomores- See your English teacher for a class of ’22 shirt order form. Orders and money are due to Mrs. Frantzen in 569 or Mrs. Simpkins in 557 no later than October 23rd.
- Did you know motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens in the United States – ahead of all other types of injury, disease, or violence? Next time you get behind the wheel, take a few seconds and buckle up. It’s the single most important thing you can do to protect yourself, and your passengers, from being injured or killed in a crash. And, if you or your passengers are under 18, you can get pulled over and ticked for not wearing a seat belt. It’s simple – law enforcement will be writing tickets to save lives. “Click It or Ticket”
- The Emmaus Police Department will be at your school Tuesday, October 15th thru Friday, October 18th making sure you’re wearing your seat belt. Driving comes with great responsibility. You are not only responsible for yourself, but also for making sure passengers in your vehicle are buckled up, too. Our state allows anyone under 18 to be pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seat belt. So, buckle up, law enforcement will be writing tickets to save lives. “Click It or Ticket”
- Juniors! Keep selling those Yankee Candles through the week. Order forms are due today. Drop off forms and money to Mrs. Murray in 335 or Mrs. Ardito in 235. Thank you for raising funds for the Junior Class. Any junior who sells at least $300 in candles for the Yankee Candle fundraiser will get one free prom ticket for themselves.
- If you are currently in 9th grade and want to learn more about LCTI, here is some important information:
- An LCTI representative will be giving a presentation on 10/15 during period 5 in the MMR.
- A tour of LCTI will be held on 11/14 in the morning.
- Stop by the Counseling Office by 10/11 to get more information and to sign up.
- The Lehigh Valley is experiencing a critically low blood shortage. The EHS Red Cross Club is holding a blood drive on Tuesday, October 15th from 7:30-12:30. Any student 16 or over can donate blood. Please pick up a permission form from the Red Cross members in the cafeteria during lunches, or see Mrs. Murray in room 335.
- Habitat for Humanity will meet on Tuesday, October 15th in Room 513.
- The next National History Day Club Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 15th after school in the Library.
- Congratulations to senior Emily Hakim, who made an exact guess of 200 pieces early in the month to win the October EHS Library candy jar! Please see Ms. Bower to claim your winnings of sweets and a free new book. There will be a new opportunity to win each month, so keep on reading, EHS students!
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Special pricing until October 15th. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- All students who are taking the PSAT’s on October 16th, please report to the Sports Center lobby by 7:30AM. Please don’t forget your #2 pencils with eraser, acceptable calculator, ID, and receipt/admission ticket. Thank you!
- On Thursday, October 17th, periods 1-6 study halls in the auditorium will be relocated to the Aux gym.
- Want to make new friends from near and far? Want to learn something about a new place and culture? Want to actively contribute to a more connected world? Please join us for the next Global Citizens Meeting on Thursday, October 17th, Room 230 right after school. All most warmly welcomed.
- Girls freshman, JV, and varsity basketball signups will be held immediately after school in Rm. 529 on Thursday, October 17th.
- Picture Retake Day is Thursday, October 17th. Please sign up in the Activities office if you need your picture taken for the first time, need an i.d., or if you want a retake. Please bring your old packet with you if you are getting a retake. For those of you who were absent on picture day, we will have order forms in the office when you sign up.
- Kutztown University will be holding an Instant Decision Day at EHS on Tuesday, October 22nd @ 12:45. Please complete an application and stop by Counseling to sign up to meet with an admissions representative.
Counseling Office is excited to offer seniors the opportunity to participate in
2 Instant Decision Days as part of the college application process. In
order to participate, students must have SAT or ACT scores (unofficial print
out of scores is acceptable), submit an online application to the college and
register in the Counseling Office for an appointment to meet with the college
admissions representative from each school.
- Kutztown University
- Instant Decision Date: October 22, 2019
- Deadline to register in Counseling: October 17, 2019
- Fee waiver code to apply: GOLDEN
- Cedar Crest College
- Instant Decision Date: November 4, 2019
- Deadline to register in Counseling: October 30, 2019
- ATTENTION STUDENTS Grades 10-12: The ASVAB Military test will be held on Tuesday, October 29th @ 7:30am in the multimedia room. Please note that the date has changed. It will be held on October 29, not October 22 as previously announced. This test also provides great feedback for non-military students and it’s FREE! Sign up in the counseling office. Questions? Ask for Mr. McInerney.
- Any 10th grader who is interested in leadership development training at the 2019-2020 HOBY Leadership Seminar, please pick up an application from Mrs. Bray or Mrs. Killo in the Counseling Office. Please return completed applications to the Counseling Office by Friday, November 1st. Thank you!
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to announce that we will be providing EHS Juniors and Seniors an opportunity to visit Kutztown University on November 13th from 9:00-1:00. Students will hear from Kutztown University Admissions representatives, take a tour of campus and have lunch in one of the dining halls. Transportation will be provided and there is no fee to register. Seating is limited so if you would like to join the EHS Counseling Staff on this trip, come to the Counseling Office to sign up and receive a permission slip. Permission slips will be due to the Counseling Office by October 29th. Should you have any questions about this opportunity, please see your Counselor.
- Snowsports Club – Blue Mountain Registration is now open. Stop by 354 for the paperwork or #LeskoDoSomeMath for links. Deadline is Oct 31 for registration.
- Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams will continue in the Counseling Office through Friday, November 8th. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94 via cash or check (payable to Emmaus High School). Payment must be brought at the time of registration. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. November 8th is the final date to order AP exams. All inquiries regarding AP exams should be directed to Mr. Wood, Mrs. LaBar, or Ms. Bonney in Counseling.
- Any Red Cross club member who is interested in going to Costa Rica on our Service trip in June, 2021, please stop by room 335 to pick up information.
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Alvernia University||10/11 @ 8:00 am|