“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Friday, October 4, 2019, Schedule Day 4.
- Classes are scheduled in the Library today during Periods 1, 3, and 5. Passes will be accepted during all periods.
High School Homecoming Week is happening this week. Here are themes for
each day of Spirit Week:
- Friday, October 4th: Green & Gold
- Be sure to stop by the EHS homecoming Tailgate starting at 3:30PM on Friday, October 4th. There will be food and games before the football game.
- Period 2 study halls in cafe 1 will be moved to the Aux Gym today.
- The EHS Women’s Volleyball team needs your support to help Ed Zellner, your trainer that took care of many of our student athletes. Come by our table during lunch this week to donate to our Spike Out Cancer fundraiser and buy a “white out” shirt to wear to the Girls’ Volleyball Spike Out Cancer Night tonight and wear it again at our next “white out football game!” You can’t miss us selling this week during lunches…it’s the “white out” table! T-shirts are $10.00 and brain cancer awareness bracelets are $1.00. Thank you for your support!
- Want to make a difference in the lives of women in the Lehigh Valley? The Activism and GirlUp clubs are sponsoring a women’s health care drive Monday through Friday of this week during all lunch periods. Help out by donating women’s healthcare products like feminine hygiene products, paper towels, shampoo and conditioner, baby wipes, and body wash. Monetary donations will also be accepted. Donation boxes will be located in the cafeteria as well as in Mrs Kinzel (Room 514) and Ms. Wasilewski’s (Room 360) rooms. All donations will go to benefit the Turning Point Women’s Shelter in Allentown.
- Students who are registered for the SAT’s this Saturday, October 5th, please remember to bring your ID, registration ticket, pencils, calculators and arrive by 7:45am.
- Attention EHS students: The Homecoming Dance will be held on Saturday, October 5th, 2019 from 7:00PM to 10:00PM at Emmaus High School. Tickets for the dance are $10.00 and can be purchased outside of the Cafeterias during all lunches. Ticket sales begin on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th. Tickets will also be sold at the door for $15.00. Guest forms for non-EHS students can be picked up in your assistant principal’s office OR the main office.
- No Place for Hate will meet on Thursday October 7th from 2:30 – 3:00 in Room 566.
- Kid to Kid will be meeting Tuesday, October 8th at 2:30 in room 227. Don’t forget photo release forms. New club members are always welcome! You can email Ms Martini, or stop by on the 8th.
- If you are currently in 9th grade and want to learn more about LCTI, here is some important information:
- An LCTI representative will be giving a presentation on 10/15 during period 5 in the MMR.
- A tour of LCTI will be held on 11/14 in the morning.
- Stop by the Counseling Office by 10/11 to get more information and to sign up.
- The Lehigh Valley is experiencing a critically low blood shortage. The EHS Red Cross Club is holding a blood drive on Tuesday, October 15th from 7:30-12:30. Any student 16 or over can donate blood. Please pick up a permission form from the Red Cross members in the cafeteria during lunches, or see Mrs. Murray in room 335.
- Picture Retake Day is Thursday, October 17th. Please sign up in the Activities office if you need your picture taken for the first time, need an i.d., or if you want a retake. Please bring your old packet with you if you are getting a retake. For those of you who were absent on picture day, we will have order forms in the office when you sign up.
- Attention Juniors: It’s time to raise money to fund the Junior Prom! Our Yankee Candle fall fundraiser will run from September 23rd – October 11th. If you were absent OR in the auditorium during the FLEX block assembly, check with your HR teacher to pick up your form. See Mrs. Murray in 335 or Mrs. Ardito in 235 with any questions. Any junior who sells at least $300 in candles for the Yankee Candle fundraiser will get one free prom ticket for themselves.
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a headstart on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Special pricing until October 15th. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- Kutztown University will be holding an Instant Decision Day at EHS on Tuesday, October 22nd @ 12:45. Please complete an application and stop by Counseling to sign up to meet with an admissions representative.
Counseling Office is excited to offer seniors the opportunity to participate in
2 Instant Decision Days as part of the college application process. In
order to participate, students must have SAT or ACT scores (unofficial print
out of scores is acceptable), submit an online application to the college and
register in the Counseling Office for an appointment to meet with the college
admissions representative from each school.
- Kutztown University
- Instant Decision Date: October 22, 2019
- Deadline to register in Counseling: October 17, 2019
- Fee waiver code to apply: GOLDEN
- Cedar Crest College
- Instant Decision Date: November 4, 2019
- Deadline to register in Counseling: October 30, 2019
- ATTENTION STUDENTS Grades 10-12: The ASVAB Military test will be held on Tuesday, October 29th @ 7:30am in the multimedia room. Please note that the date has changed. It will be held on October 29, not October 22 as previously announced. This test also provides great feedback for non-military students and it’s FREE! Sign up in the counseling office. Questions? Ask for Mr. McInerney.
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to announce that we will be providing EHS Juniors and Seniors an opportunity to visit Kutztown University on November 13th from 9:00-1:00. Students will hear from Kutztown University Admissions representatives, take a tour of campus and have lunch in one of the dining halls. Transportation will be provided and there is no fee to register. Seating is limited so if you would like to join the EHS Counseling Staff on this trip, come to the Counseling Office to sign up and receive a permission slip. Permission slips will be due to the Counseling Office by October 29th. Should you have any questions about this opportunity, please see your Counselor.
- Snowsports Club – Blue Mountain Registration is now open. Stop by 354 for the paperwork or #LeskoDoSomeMath for links. Deadline is Oct 31 for registration.
- Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams has begun in the Counseling Office. The priority registration deadline is Thursday, October 3rd, and the final ordering deadline is Friday, November 8th. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94 via cash or check (payable to Emmaus High School). Payment must be brought at the time of registration. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. All inquiries regarding AP exams should be directed to Mr. Wood, Mrs. LaBar, or Ms. Bonney in Counseling.
- Any Red Cross club member who is interested in going to Costa Rica on our Service trip in June, 2021, please stop my room 335 to pick up information.
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Misericordia University||10/4 @ 9:00 am|