“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Monday, April 15, 2019, Schedule Day 3.
- Library is open to passes today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9.
- Class of 2020, log in to the class of 2020 google classroom and nominate a student for Prom King and Prom Queen. You will only get one nomination each. You can nominate from April 15 through April 26 only on google classroom.
- Congratulations to Thursday’s winners of the EHS Library’s annual puzzle contest celebrating National Library Week! The lucky five individuals, whose names were randomly drawn from the pile of correctly completed and submitted puzzles, include freshman Rosalie Holderith, sophomore Parker Frankenfield, seniors Caroline Bond & Emily Taskalos, and English teacher Simpkins. A gift card to Sammy T’s in Macungie Park awaits each of you at the library’s circulation desk. Friday, April 12 is the last day for the contest, and one lucky winner will doubly score and receive a $10 gift card. Friday’s gift card winners will be drawn that same day, just after period 9 concludes.
- The EHS Library will be closing at 3 PM on Thursday, April 18th (rather than the normal Thursday extended time of 5:30 PM). We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Make-up testing that is normally scheduled for the Learning Lab is temporarily on hold until further notice. However, the Learning Lab will be open for tutoring and extra help. Please visit the bank area from now until Thursday, April 18th. The Learning Lab will open to its new location in the EHS Library starting on Tuesday, April 23rd.
- Crafty folk can try their hand at a 1970s fad in the library Maker Zone: pet rocks. Everything you need to make your own retro critter—from the rock itself to googly eyes and faux hair—will be provided. Just add enthusiasm!
- The next Habitat for Humanity Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 16th after school in Room 513.
- Attention Class of 2020. Jr Prom Ticket sales will be sold for $45 each during all lunches between the cafeterias from April 15 through April 24 paying with Check only. They can only be purchased with cash in Mr. Fortier’s office anytime during the school day. Ticket sales will end April 24. Remember if you are taking a student from a different school, you must have the guest form completed and approved by Mr. Fortier before purchasing the ticket for your guest.
- The AfterBall, Around the World, will be held on Friday, May 3rd from 11:30 pm to 4:30 am. All seniors and guests are invited. The cost is $12.00 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Tickets will be on sale April 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17 during lunches.
- Any junior strongly considering attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for college should add his/her name to a list in the Counseling Office to be considered for the Rensselaer Medal. To be considered, the student must be in the top 10% of the junior class and should be taking four years of math and science including biology, chemistry, and lab-based physics. The EHS Counselors may nominate one qualified student to receive this award upon his/her acceptance to RPI in senior year. The award is worth a minimum of $25,000 each year in scholarship. The deadline to submit your name to the Counseling Office for consideration is Wednesday, April 17th.
- Attention junior girls: Applications are now being accepted for the American Legion Auxiliary Keystone Girls State, a week long, simulated government immersive learning experience. If you are interested in a spending a week at Shippensburg University this summer and honing your leadership skills, please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling office for more details and the application. The deadline is Thursday, April 18.
- Attention Juniors. If you are planning to attend the Jr Prom on May 11 and bringing a non-EHS guest, you must complete the guest form and submit it to Mr. Fortier by April 24 for approval. You can print the form at Class of 2020 google classroom or pick one up in room 419 or 426.
- Art Show tee shirts are now on sale in the art rooms from now until Friday, May 3rd. Please pick up an order form with the art teachers if you are interested.
- Attention Juniors: Are you interested in taking a free college course at DeSales University during your senior year? The DeSales University High School Scholars program may be what you’re looking for. This competitive program allows highly motivated and talented high school seniors to take a course on the DeSales campus tuition free during the Fall 2019 semester. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details. Application deadline is Friday, May 3rd.
- If you are interested in running for class officer next school year, please grab an application from the activities office or print it from your grade Google Classroom. Completed applications are due Tuesday, May 7th at the afterschool meeting.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|Penn State University||April 15 @ 1:00 pm|
|Shippensburg||April 18 @ 1:00 pm|
|Liberty University||April 29 @ 9:00 am|
|Varsity Baseball||Blue Mountain||Church Lane||4:00pm||2:20pm|
|JV Baseball||Blue Mountain||Blue Mountain HS||4:00pm||1:30pm|
|Varsity Girls Lacrosse||Easton||Easton Area MS||4:00pm||2:00pm|
|JV Girls Lacrosse||Easton||Easton Area MS||5:30pm||2:00pm|
|Varsity Softball||Pocono Mountain East||Kiwanis Field||4:00pm||2:15pm|
|JV Softball||Pocono Mountain East||Pocono Mountain East HS||4:00pm||1:30pm|
|JV Boys Volleyball||Pocono Mountain East||EHS Aux Gym||5:00pm|
|Varsity Boys Volleyball||Pocono Mountain East||EHS Aux Gym||6:30pm|
|JV Boys Lacrosse||CCHS||EHS Memorial Field||5:00pm|
|Varsity Boys Lacrosse||CCHS||EHS Memorial Field||6:30pm|