“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Monday, April 8, 2019, Schedule Day 4.
- Library is open to passes during all periods today.
- Any junior strongly considering attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for college should add his/her name to a list in the Counseling Office to be considered for the Rensselaer Medal. To be considered, the student must be in the top 10% of the junior class and should be taking four years of math and science including biology, chemistry, and lab-based physics. The EHS Counselors may nominate one qualified student to receive this award upon his/her acceptance to RPI in senior year. The award is worth a minimum of $25,000 each year in scholarship. The deadline to submit your name to the Counseling Office for consideration is Wednesday, April 17th.
- There is a practice today after school for those students competing at Bloomsburg’s programming competition. See Mrs. Stoudt in room 366 if unable to attend the practice.
- The next meeting for the Girl Up Club is today at 2:30 in Room 360. We will be discussing our Day of Activism activity as well as upcoming fundraisers. All are welcome!
- April is a busy month in the library! Today begins the week-long annual puzzle contest, where students and faculty/staff alike can complete the daily challenge for a chance at gift card prizes from a local eatery. This year’s community sponsor is Sammy T’s in Macungie Park, where winners can feast upon classic sandwiches, burgers, wings, sides and ice cream. Additionally, crafty folk can try their hand at a 1970s fad in the library Maker Zone: pet rocks. Everything you need to make your own retro critter—from the rock itself to googly eyes and faux hair—will be provided. Just add enthusiasm!
- The AfterBall, Around the World, will be held on Friday, May 3rd from 11:30 pm to 4:30 am. All seniors and guests are invited. The cost is $12.00 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Tickets will be on sale April 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17 during lunches.
- The next GSA meeting will be held on Tuesday April 9th after school in Room 360. New members are always welcome to attend!
- Students who plan to take Spanish 2 or higher next year and are interested in traveling to Spain next Easter – there will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, April 9th at 6 PM in Room 332. See Señora Hess or Señora Ardito for information if you’re unable to attend. Students already enrolled on the trip need not attend.
- EHS Activism is excited to announce our 2019 Day of Action held on Wednesday April 10th. All students are invited to join us during a study hall, flex block or lunch period for engaging activities, discussions and opportunities to make your voice heard. Seniors – if you are or will be 18 by May 21st, stop in to register to vote! Your voice matters and directly impacts our schools in the upcoming primary. Follow Emmaus High School Activism on Twitter for more details and the schedule for the day. Stop in Mrs. Kinzel’s room, room 514, with questions or for a pass to attend.
- Attention Juniors: Would you like to take a course at Lehigh University for free next year? Any student who will be a senior next year is welcome to apply for the competitive High School Scholars program. Successful students will be able to take a free class at Lehigh for the fall semester. Successful students in the program are often invited to take a second free class in the spring semester. Application deadline is April 10th. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details.
- The EHS Hornet Ambassadors organization is now accepting applications. The Hornet Ambassadors play a large part in familiarizing the EHS community with our building, as well as helping new students adjust to life at Emmaus High School. The Hornet Ambassadors give tours to our soon to be Freshmen and new students, help direct parents on Parent Nights, Guidance Information Nights, and other functions where assistance is needed. If you like to help people, want to get involved in our school and community, and give tours of our high school, involvement in the Hornet Ambassadors would be a great opportunity for you. If you are interested in becoming a Hornet Ambassador, please pick up an application from Mrs. Molnar in the Learning Lab. The application deadline is Friday, April 12th.
- Attention junior girls: Applications are now being accepted for the American Legion Auxiliary Keystone Girls State, a week long, simulated government immersive learning experience. If you are interested in a spending a week at Shippensburg University this summer and honing your leadership skills, please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling office for more details and the application. The deadline is Thursday, April 18.
- Attention Juniors. If you are planning to attend the Jr Prom on May 11 and bringing a non-EHS guest, you must complete the guest form and submit it to Mr. Fortier by April 24 for approval. You can print the form at Class of 2020 google classroom or pick one up in room 419 or 426.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|Penn State University||April 15 @ 1:00 pm|
|Shippensburg||April 18 @ 1:00 pm|
|Liberty University||April 29 @ 9:00 am|
|Varsity Baseball||Central Bucks West||Church Lane||4:00pm||2:20pm|
|JV Baseball||Central Bucks West||Central Bucks Wes HS||4:00pm||1:30pm|
|Varsity Girls Lacrosse||Pleasant Valley||EHS Memorial Field||5:00pm|
|JV Girls Lacrosse||Pleasant Valley||EHS Memorial Field||6:15pm|