“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Monday, January 13, 2020, Schedule Day 2.
- The Library is open to passes today during 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7.
- Join Global Citizens after school this coming Thursday, January 16th, in room 230. We will decide upon our t-shirt design.
- The next Kid to Kid meeting will be January 14th in room 227 at 2:30. Bring your individual fundraiser ticket sale numbers with you. Also, if you are planning on helping with middle school presentations you need to attend this meeting for necessary information.
- The next contest for PA Math League will take place on Tuesday, January 14th period 4 in the MMR. Please bring your calculator!
- Fitness test makeups for Wellness Fitness classes will occur during flex block January 15th.
- Boys Volleyball sign-ups will be held on Wednesday, January 22nd after school in Cafeteria 2.
- The Emmaus Public Library will have an SAT Prep workshop on Saturday, January 18th from 10:30am – 12:30pm. Students can sign up at the front desk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-965-9284×209. There will also be other programming for students. Check with the Emmaus Public Library for more information.
- Habitat for Humanity will be having a FlapJack Fundraiser on February 1st at the Applebee’s in Trexlertown from 8:00 a.m. – 10 a.m. Tickets are $5 for children under 10 years old and $10 for everyone else. See any Habitat for Humanity member or come to room 513 to buy tickets.
- Students who are interested in attending LCTI for the first time next year must pick up an application from the Counseling Office. Applications are due in the Counseling Office no later than February 21st.
- Congratulations to senior Chloe Terry, who guessed the exact number of candies (74) in the EHS Library’s Reading Workshop jar on the very first day of the January contest! Her prizes include the entire contents of the jar and a free new book. Prizes can be claimed by seeing Ms. Bower in the library. The contest begins anew on Monday, February 3rd; anyone who checks out a library item is eligible to make a guess.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**