“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Monday, March 2, 2020, Schedule Day 5.
- The Library will be open to passes today during Periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- The next Gay/Straight Alliance meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 3rd after school in room 360.
- The next Habitat for Humanity meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 3rd in Room 513.
- The next No Place for Hate meeting will be held on Thursday, March 5th from 2:30-3:00 in Room 566.
- Looking for more information on the upcoming March Career Month events? Listen to the newest episode of the 9th Grade Experience Podcast featuring Mrs. Grim, Mrs. Demchak & Mr. McInerney talking all things career readiness! Listen to the episode on Spotify or Apple Podcasts and follow the show on Instagram at 9th Grade Experience.
- The EHS Counseling Office is proud to share that as part of our Career Month in March, we will be hosting career speakers from throughout the Lehigh Valley. Using Naviance, students of all grade levels are able to sign up for visits during the school day to learn about the various career fields and individual paths our speakers have chosen. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in these visits as part of their Career Readiness Plan and to help identify where their career path will lead. Please note that the calendar is subject to change based on weather as well as additional speakers being added; be sure to check the calendar and Naviance regularly for any updates.
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to announce that we will be providing EHS Juniors an opportunity to visit East Stroudsburg University and Moravian College on March 20th from 8:00am-3:45pm. Students will need to arrange for transportation to be picked up at the EHS Auditorium entrance at 3:45pm. Students will hear from Admissions representatives at both schools, take a tour of both campuses and have lunch in one of the dining halls at East Stroudsburg University. Transportation will be provided to and from the Universities and there is no fee to register. Space is limited. Permission slips are available in the Counseling Office and due Tuesday, March 3. Please see your Counselor with any questions!
- Habitat for humanity will be hosting a spaghetti dinner on Saturday, March 21st from 5-7 pm in the EHS cafeteria. Tickets are $10 for anyone over 10 yr. old and $5 for those 10 and under. Come have dinner before or after the musical and help support a local organization build homes for families here in the Lehigh Valley.
- Attention Seniors: The EHS Local Scholarship list was provided in FLEX block. Students can pick up applications in the Counseling Office. The deadline to return completed scholarship applications is Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 at 2:30pm – absolutely no exceptions!
- The France trip for November of this year is still enrolling participants, but only until the end of March. After March 31st, the enrollment period will be closed. There are only a few spots left, so if you are considering joining us in France and Monaco, please enroll before the enrollment period ends.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**