“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Monday, November 11, 2019, Schedule Day 4.
- The Library is open to passes today during all periods.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
- TODAY: Period 3, 4, 5, 6 Study Halls in the Auditorium will be relocated to the Aux Gym.
- The next National History Day Club Meeting will be held today
- at 2:30 in the Library.
- The next Habitat for Humanity meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 12th in Room 513.
- The next No Place for Hate Meeting will be held on Thursday, November 14th from 2:30-3:00 in Room 566.
- HS Impact Testing schedule is as follows:
- November 11th – Wrestling at 3:00pm in Rooms 375/377.
- November 14th – Rifle/Make-ups at 3:00pm in Rooms 375/377.
- The Spanish Department will be travelling to Panama in the Summer of 2021. If you’d like more information, attend the first informational meeting for parents and students on Tuesday, November 12th at 6:30 PM, in room 236. We’ll visit the Panama Canal, Colonial area of Panama City, and other amazing places, including nature tours and sightseeing wildlife, etc. Also, students will participate in cultural immersion activities, such as dance lessons, handcraft workshop with locals, visit to a handicraft market, etc. For more information see Mr. Montepeque (room 236) or Mrs. Fraser.
- Skiiers and Boarders…interested in Vermont…stop by 354 on Thursday, November 14th after school for a quick meeting about cost and sign-up.
- Attention Seniors: Moravian College will be at EHS for an Instant Decision Day on Friday, November 22nd @ 9:00 am. Seniors can find out on the spot if they are accepted to Moravian. Interested students should sign up in the Counseling Office with either Mrs. Bray or Mrs. Killo.
- If you are currently in 9th grade and want to learn more about LCTI, here is some important information:
A tour of LCTI will be held on 11/14 in the morning.
Stop by the Counseling Office by 10/11 to get more information and to sign up.
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Gingerbread Competition December 7th from 10-1 in the cafe. Enter as an individual or team for $5. Forms are available outside room 513 or in the library. Sign up by December 3rd.
- Attention seniors! If you are interested in taking a free college course second semester, please see Mrs. Greene in the counseling office to pick up information on the High School Scholars Program through DeSales University. The deadline for this selective program is November 20th.
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences||11/12 @ 1:00 pm|
|Wilkes University||11/12 @ 12:00pm|
|Penn State University||11/13 @ 1:00 pm|
|Washington College||11/14 @ 1:00 pm|