“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Monday, September 9, 2019, Schedule Day 3.
- Classes are scheduled in the Library today during Periods 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Passes will be accepted during Periods 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9.
- The Young Republican Club’s first meeting will be today in room 518 at 2:30. Free snacks, everyone is welcome.
- Are you interested in strategy board games? Dungeons and Dragons? Video games? Then join us for our first meeting of GAME CLUB Tuesday, September 10th from 2:30-4:00 in room 523!
- Do you want to help out your community? Join the Red Cross Club. The Red Cross Club will meet on Thursday, September 12th in room 335 at 2:30. Everyone is welcome to join.
- The National History Day Club will hold its first meeting today immediately after school in the EHS Library. The theme for this year is “Breaking Barriers in History.” All grade levels are welcome to join the club and compete in the school-wide History Day contest, with the potential to move on to the regional, state, and national competitions.
- There will be a meeting on Wednesday, September 11th at 2:30 in room 503 for anyone interested in working on the yearbook.
- The First Meeting of the Science Olympiad Team will take place on Wednesday, September 11th, after school in Rm 403. All Interested students are invited to attend.
- EHS Snowsports Club will hold a brief meeting to discuss 2019-2020 Trips. If you plan on attending the Blue and/or Vermont trips, please plan on attending the meeting immediately after school on Wednesday, September 11th in room 354.
- Please join us for the first meeting of EHS’ Global Citizens Club, Thursday, September 12th right after school in room 230 (by the Locker Commons). Meet a new friend from a different part of the world, learn something about a new place and culture, contribute to creating a more inclusive and connected world. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams will begin in the Counseling Office today. The priority registration deadline is Thursday, October 3rd, and the final ordering deadline is Friday, November 8th. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94 via cash or check (payable to Emmaus High School). Payment must be brought at the time of registration. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. All inquiries regarding AP exams should be directed to Mr. Wood, Mrs. LaBar, or Ms. Bonney in Counseling.
- Attention 9th grade students: do you have an interest in helping plan and coordinate school wide activities and events? If you do, pick up a copy of the EHS SGA freshman application paperwork. Applications are located outside of room 537 and room 442. Be sure to return your completed application to Mrs. Montero in room 537 on Friday, September 20th.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
- Theater Department applications, as well as audition packets and crew applications, are now available on the Theater Department website. Turn in all applications outside of the black box, (room 201) or email to Mrs. Kuebler.
- Powderpuff Football will be held on Tuesday, October 1st with a rain date of Wednesday, October 2nd. Sign-up sheets can be picked up in Room 537 (Mrs. Montero’s room).
- The SAT Reasoning and Subject Tests will be offered at EHS on Saturday, October 5th. The deadline to register is this Friday, September 6th. Register online at www.collegeboard.org. All students will be required to upload a photo during the registration process. Please adhere to the photo guidelines to avoid being turned away on testing day.
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered at EHS on Wednesday, October 16th. It is recommended that all college bound eleventh graders take this test. Register in the counseling office beginning September 9th. The cost is $25. If paying by check, please make the check payable to Emmaus High School. Space is limited so register early. If tests are still available, the deadline to register will be Friday, October 4th.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|East Stroudsburg University||9/11 @ 10:00 am|
|King’s College||9/11 @ 11:00 am|
|Moravian College||9/11 @ 1:00 pm|
|Johns Hopkins University||9/13 @ 10:30 am|
|St Bonaventure University||9/13 @ 1:00 pm|
|9-Sep||Girls Tennis||Freedom||Freedom HS||3:30pm||1:45|
|JV Boys Soccer||Whitehall||Whitehall HS||5:15pm|
|Varsity Boys |
|JH Football||Whitehall||EHS Stadium||4:00pm|
|JV Football||Whitehall||EHS Stadium||5:30pm|
|JV Girls Volleyball||Nazareth||EHS Aux Gym||5:00pm|
|Varsity Girls Volleyball||Nazareth||EHS Aux Gym||6:15pm|
|Varsity Field Hockey||Downington West HS||EHS Memorial Field||3:30pm|
| JV Field |
|Downington West HS||EHS Memorial Field||4:45pm|
|Varsity Girls |
|Whitehall||EHS Memorial Field||6:30pm|