“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Thursday, April 18, 2019, Schedule Day 6.
- Library is open to passes today during all periods.
- The EHS Library will be closing at 3 PM today (rather than the normal Thursday extended time of 5:30 PM). We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The next No Place for Hate meeting will be held on Thursday, April 25th from 7:00 AM to 7:20 AM in Room 409.
- The After Ball, Around the World, will be held on Friday, May 3rd, from 11:30 pm to 4:30 am. All seniors and their guests are invited. The cost is $12.00 in advance and $15.00 at the door. Tickets will be on sale April 15, 16, 17, and also on 24th during lunches.
- Class of 2020, log in to the class of 2020 google classroom and nominate a student for Prom King and Prom Queen. You will only get one nomination each. You can nominate from April 15 through April 26 only on google classroom.
- Make-up testing that is normally scheduled for the Learning Lab is temporarily on hold until further notice. However, the Learning Lab will be open for tutoring and extra help. Please visit the bank area until today. The Learning Lab will open in its new location in the EHS Library starting on Tuesday, April 23rd.
- Crafty folk can try their hand at a 1970s fad in the library Maker Zone: pet rocks. Everything you need to make your own retro critter—from the rock itself to googly eyes and faux hair—will be provided. Just add enthusiasm!
- Attention Class of 2020. Jr Prom Ticket sales will be sold for $45 each during all lunches between the cafeterias from April 15 through April 24 paying with Check only. They can only be purchased with cash in Mr. Fortier’s office anytime during the school day. Ticket sales will end April 24. Remember if you are taking a student from a different school, you must have the guest form completed and approved by Mr. Fortier before purchasing the ticket for your guest.
- Attention junior girls: Applications are now being accepted for the American Legion Auxiliary Keystone Girls State, a week long, simulated government immersive learning experience. If you are interested in a spending a week at Shippensburg University this summer and honing your leadership skills, please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling office for more details and the application. The deadline is today.
- Attention Juniors. If you are planning to attend the Jr Prom on May 11 and bringing a non-EHS guest, you must complete the guest form and submit it to Mr. Fortier by Wednesday, April 24 for approval. You can print the form at Class of 2020 google classroom or pick one up in room 419 or 426.
- Art Show tee shirts are now on sale in the art rooms from now until Friday, May 3rd. Please pick up an order form with the art teachers if you are interested.
- Join us for the 7th annual Emmaus High School College Fair on Thursday, May 2nd. The College Fair will be held from 6-8 pm in both EHS Gymnasiums. Representatives from over 135 national colleges, technical schools, apprenticeship programs, and members of the armed forces will be on hand to answer questions and provide information to students and families.
- Attention Juniors: Are you interested in taking a free college course at DeSales University during your senior year? The DeSales University High School Scholars program may be what you’re looking for. This competitive program allows highly motivated and talented high school seniors to take a course on the DeSales campus tuition free during the Fall 2019 semester. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details. Application deadline is Friday, May 3rd.
- If you are interested in running for class officer next school year, please grab an application from the activities office or print it from your grade Google Classroom. Completed applications are due Tuesday, May 7th at the afterschool meeting.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|Shippensburg||April 18 @ 1:00 pm|
|Liberty University||April 29 @ 9:00 am|
|Track||Pirate Invitational||Palisades HS||3:00pm||1:05pm|
|Boys Tennis||Whitehall||Whitehall HS||3:30pm||2:00pm|
|JV Boys Lacrosse||Parkland||Parkland HS||5:30pm|
|Varsity Boys Lacrosse||Parkland||Parkland HS||7:00pm|