“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
Today is Thursday, June 10, 2021.
- The Library is open to passes today during all blocks.
- This is a reminder to all students, but particularly seniors, that settlement of library fines is necessary prior to graduation. This can be accomplished in the high school’s main office or in the library (for hybrid students) via cash or check (made out to the EHS Library, with your name in the memo area). Please contact the library for specific account information, if needed.
- The 2021 EHS Art Show is here!! What a unique year it has been in the Art Department; all Emmaus High School art students set up and worked in their art studios at home. Instead of it being a deterrent, students were inspired and learned new ways of working as artists. The biggest thing missing was having the community come to the high school to see our annual art show, so this year we created the 2021 EHS Art Show Website. And now the Art Department and all its students present this year’s ARt SHow, please navigate to our website and visit the 4 galleries there. https://sites.google.com/eastpennsd.org/ehsart/home
- Emmaus will be starting a competitive, interscholastic Esports team during the 2021-2022 school year. We are currently in the planning phase but need student involvement to get this competitive club going. An informational meeting will be held today from 2:00-2:30 via Zoom. Information regarding the Zoom meeting can be found on the club’s Schoology page found via the access code: 6NPS-8PCX-2WWDZ. Any additional questions can be directed to Mr. Dietrick (email@example.com) or Mr. Geist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The supplemental weekend food program will continue this summer 2021. Note new times at Emmaus High School. Dates are noted below.
- EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL: 10:30-AM- 12:30 PM located at 800 Pine Street, Emmaus, PA
- LOWER MACUNGIE MIDDLE SCHOOL: 11:00 AM-1:00 PM located at 6299 Lower Macungie Road (Auditorium entrance)
- MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021(LAST DAY OF SCHOOL)
- WEDNESDAY JUNE 23, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 14, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18 2021
- Food program is sponsored by Emmaus Rotary (EMMAUSROTARY.ORG), along with Angel Network, Faith Presbyterian Church, Bethel Bible Fellowship Church food, Holy Spirit Lutheran Church pantry, Kiwanis, Lions Club and other local community organizations through the East Penn Food Coalition as well as businesses in the East Penn Area. Need help with groceries? If you are struggling financially to make ends meet, please call Bethel Church to find out if you qualify for free food from Groceries PLUS. Groceries PLUS Food Pantry at Bethel Bible Fellowship Church, 418 Elm St., Emmaus PA 18049. 610-965-2682
- The EHS GSA is proud to present EHS’s first (and maybe only) virtual talent show. You can view the final acts here. Thanks to all those who submitted!
- The Peace Club meets every other Wednesday at 1:30 via Zoom. Email Mrs. Moxley at email@example.com for the Schoology group join code and Zoom info.
- Art Club meets every Tuesday at 2:30 via Zoom. We often work on personal art projects, but also have days that have guest speakers. Join our Schoology group using this code: FWB6-RZ2K-G85NJ New and existing members are always welcome.
- Be your own kind of beautiful and check out all the new content from Buzz Magazine! Follow us on Instagram for daily takeovers like Music Monday, Travel Tuesday, Wellness Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Food Friday and Superstar Saturday. We also have a brand new website https://emmausbuzzmagazine.wixsite.com/emmaushighschool Super-fun virtual meetings held every Thursday at 2:30. Schoology COURSE code RCG7-V9ZV-BHGK2.
- Finding yourself with political questions? Want to talk to other highschoolers about it? Come to the Young Republicans Club! We hold meetings at 2:30pm on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Join our schoology using the following code: V7KF-3XNJ-J65F7 ; and bring a friend! We look forward to meeting you soon!
- The EHS Gratitude club will meet via zoom every Wednesday at 1:30. The intention of this club is to make a difference through community involvement by displaying gratitude to those in need. Members will be given the opportunity to take up leadership roles, perform community service, and network with others. Information regarding our zoom link and resources are available on schoology via the following access code: BKF4-D3PB-BZWS3.
- If you are interested in playing Among Us, Magic the Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, or any other games with friends, power up with the Game Club. Stop by our virtual meetings every Tuesday, starting at 2:30. Join our class with the Schoology code Z7X6-PNB9-ZX4CT or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. #gameonEHS
- Are you passionate about the environment and want to make the world a greener place? Do you want to learn to identify wildlife, conserve Earth’s resources, and solve today’s environmental problems? Join Envirothon and work with your peers to win this year’s Envirothon Academic Competition. We meet on Zoom every Wednesday at 2:30. Join using the Schoology code: F8FV-7FJK-2TZSW. Reach out to Mrs. Susens or Ms. Luancing with questions!
- No Place for Hate is calling for all current or new members to join our Schoology page, so we can regroup, schedule a Zoom meeting, and select officers and projects for the 20-21 school year. Please join at 3N3Z-X8QD-MTJ6G, and reach out to Mrs. Larkin or Mr. Harkness if you have any questions. Slarkin@eastpennsd.org; BHarkness@eastpennsd.org
- Calling all snowsports lovers – EHS Snowsports Club – has a Schoology Group. Please join the Access Code is VBB2-B82X-9BR4F.
- Mud Club!! If you like to play with clay, we have a club for that. And if you like to help out those who cannot afford to eat right in your own community, our club does that. Mud Club meets every Tuesday after school. No experience necessary. Join Zoom Meeting Link https://eastpennsd.zoom.us/j/81189742724 Passcode: 141662
- Are you interested in science? Do you want to know more about what is going on in the Universe above your heads? Join the Astronomy Club! The club has meetings every Tuesday starting at 2:30 and you are welcome to join us to find out “What’s up”. Schoology Code: PTRZ-73RP-PF8MD
- The Spanish Club is having virtual cooking shows. Students are preparing Spanish or Latin Dishes in our meetings. Our meetings are on Wednesdays. Everyone is welcome to join the club. Use this code to join: 5XMC-MSJW-TKDCM
- Science fair is a go this year! If you are interested in putting your passion for science or engineering into a project that may earn you fame and fortune, contact Mr. Landrum at email@example.com.
- If you are interested in getting involved in our Theater Department here at EHS, please join our Theater Department group on Schoology, code 4GHW-J9CJ-Z3KQB to access an application form and for information about our fall production and upcoming events.
- Are you passionate about making a change in our community and/or country? Then get involved with the EHS Activism club! Our club aims to promote activism within the community and provide opportunities for social and political engagement. EHS’s Student Activism club will be begin holding meetings every other Thursday, beginning 9/24 @2:30 p.m. For more information contact Mrs. Kinzel firstname.lastname@example.org and join our Remind (code @ehsactivi) to receive the ZOOM link for our meeting.
- The Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is up and running this year! Please join our Group in Schoology by using the access code: R4X2-Z946-5Q8SR. Join and find out what we’re all about.
- FACT: Attending class everyday teaches you how to become a responsible citizen by being reliable and accountable. It also sets the stage for responsible behavior in the workplace which correlates to financial success later in life.
- WELLNESS IS KEY – Practice healthy habits such as eating breakfast, eating healthy foods, drinking lots of water, getting daily exercise, maintaining healthy hygiene, taking a break from screen time, doing something you enjoy during free time. Developing healthy habits will improve your energy level, help you maintain a positive attitude and help you feel good enough to put in a full day’s work. You may find that a renewed interest in self-improvement will lead into an attendance commitment at school and help you feel more productive.
- ESTABLISH A ROUTINE AND GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP – By establishing a routine and getting a good’s night sleep you are more likely to reduce your stress levels, improve mental health, increase predictability during an uncertain time, and increase your productivity. Getting a good night sleep strengthens learning and memories; the more you learn the more you need to sleep and it is critical in achieving school success and contributes to consistent attendance. (Want more info or support with this? Contact your CIS Site Coordinator, Mrs. Williams – email@example.com)
- REDUCE DISTRACTIONS – One of the biggest challenges of online learning is the number of distractions available when you’re working from home. Social media, pets, TV, household chores… these are the distractions that lead to procrastination. If you can’t seem to focus while learning from home, try finding a quiet place in your home to help you stay on track. Put your cell phone on silent or turn it off during class or while you are studying.
WHY ATTENDANCE MATTERS
- Did you know that absences tend to spike in the weeks before and after holidays? Let’s break that cycle! Keep your goals in mind! Persevere! Create a countdown till the break. Reward yourself for attending each day.
- Students are more likely to succeed in academics when they attend school consistently. It increases your likelihood of keeping up with daily lessons and assignments. Research shows it is the greatest factor influencing your academic success! Keep an eye out for the weekly Attendance Matters facts and tips from your CIS Site Coordinator.
- GET A JOB: Can’t wait to earn your own money? Students who go to school every day are more likely to get and keep a job! Attend, achieve, and succeed!
- LEARN BETTER: Learning builds upon itself. What you learn each day is added on to what you learned the day before. Attending class regularly helps you stay up to date. Students who attend consistently report feeling less stressed than those who miss significant days.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITY: “A prerequisite to success in any endeavor is “showing up”, and classes are no exception. If you’re not showing up to class, you’re forfeiting every opportunity provided to you in the classroom.” You should not miss class just because you don’t want to go or there is something else you would rather do. Realize that going to class is the default expectation — it is not a decision that needs to be made. – Mark Tomforde, Ph.D. Mathematician and Writer