“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Thursday, May 2, 2019, Schedule Day 2.
- Library is open to passes today during all periods.
- Calling all Mud Club members, All Mud Club members must come to the next meeting on Tuesday, May 7th to be in a group photo for the yearbook!! Get to the meeting right at 2:30 for the Photo session. See you then!
- The Student-Athlete Announcement Ceremony will be held today in the EHS Auditorium at 1:00pm. Any student who wants to attend the ceremony must report to their 8th period class and get a pass to the auditorium. The ceremony starts at 1:00pm. No student will be admitted without a pass. We will not accept assignment books…we need passes to keep and verify that a student was there. Thanks!
- Join us for the 7th annual Emmaus High School College Fair today. The College Fair will be held from 6-8 pm in both EHS Gymnasiums. Representatives from over 135 national colleges, technical schools, apprenticeship programs, and members of the armed forces will be on hand to answer questions and provide information to students and families.
- The After Ball, Around the World, will be held on Friday, May 3rd, from 11:30 pm to 4:30 am. All seniors and their guests are invited. The cost is $12.00 in advance and $15.00 at the door.
- Art Show tee shirts are now on sale in the art rooms from now until Friday, May 3rd. Please pick up an order form with the art teachers if you are interested.
- Attention Juniors: Are you interested in taking a free college course at DeSales University during your senior year? The DeSales University High School Scholars program may be what you’re looking for. This competitive program allows highly motivated and talented high school seniors to take a course on the DeSales campus tuition free during the Fall 2019 semester. Please see Mrs. Greene in the Counseling Office for details. Application deadline is Friday, May 3rd.
- If you are interested in running for class officer next school year, please grab an application from the activities office or print it from your grade Google Classroom. Completed applications are due Tuesday, May 7th at the afterschool meeting.
- Any senior who would like to audition for graduation speaker is to see Mr. Speicher in room 577 to sign up and receive a pass. Auditions will be held during Flex Block on Wednesday, May 8th. Students should be prepared with a 3 minute speech for the audition.
- Senior members of National Honor Society who would like to order honor stoles for graduation are asked to do so by Monday, May 11. No orders will be accepted after that date. Order forms are on google classroom and should be turned in to Mrs. Arnold in Room 574. Each order must be accompanied by twenty dollars or a check made out to Emmaus HS.
- The American Red Cross has only 3 days of blood on hand in the Lehigh Valley. If you are 16 years old or older please consider donating blood on Wednesday, May 22. The Red Cross Club will be hosting a blood drive on May 22- please sign up to donate in the Cafeteria from tomorrow (Thurs) through May 19 or see Mrs. Murray in room 335.
- Make-up testing that is normally scheduled for the Learning Lab is temporarily on hold until further notice. However, the Learning Lab is now open for tutoring and extra help in its new location in the EHS Library.
- The Facilities Department is accepting applications for summer maintenance employment. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and/or guidance office of Emmaus High School. Applications are also available on the East Penn School District Website. Criminal/child abuse checks are mandatory for all new applicants.
- Attention class of 2020. Please sign up for the Class of 2020 google classroom by entering the code i633ql6 in google classroom. If you are having trouble joining the class, please stop by either room 419 or 426 for assistance.
- Game Club meets on Tuesdays after school in room 523!
- Mud Club will meet every Tuesday. All are welcome, come check us out in room 520 after school.
- The Young Democrats Club is meeting every Wednesday after school in room 310. All are welcome to come and join in open discussions.
- Anyone that would like to purchase a yearbook, please go to balfour.com now.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|Varsity Softball||Stroudsburg||Stroudsburg HS||4:00pm||1:15pm|
|JV Softball||Stroudsburg||Williams St.||4:00pm||2:15pm|
|JV Baseball||CCHS||Emmaus Community Park||7:00pm|
|JV Boys Volleyball||Pocono Mtn West||Pocono Mtn West HS||4:00pm||1:45pm|
|Varsity Boys Volleyball||Pocono Mtn West||Pocono Mtn West HS||5:30pm||1:45pm|
|JV Girls Lacrosse||Parkland||EHS Memorial Field||4:30pm|
|Varsity Girls Lacrosse||Parkland||EHS Memorial Field||5:45pm|