“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Thursday, September 12, 2019, Schedule Day 6.
- Classes are scheduled in the Library today during Periods 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Passes will be accepted during all periods.
- Anyone who signed up to work on crew for Our Town should attend a meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 17th after school in the auditorium.
- Do you like to party? Come and find out more about PALS club on Tuesday, Sept 17th in room 405. Find out how you can get involved in Special Olympics, after school parties, and flex-block hang-outs.
- The 9th grade counselors will be offering an Introduction to Naviance for freshmen parents on Wednesday, September 18th at 6:00 PM in the high school cafeteria. Naviance is the comprehensive website that students and parents can use to research and make plans about careers and post-secondary options. We hope you can join us!
- On Wednesday, September 25th, Periods 1-4 study halls in the Auditorium will be relocated to the Aux Gym.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS Grades 10-12 : The ASVAB Military test will be held on Tuesday, October 22nd @ 7:30am in the multimedia room. This test also provides great feedback for non-military students and it’s FREE! Sign up in the counseling office. Questions? Ask for Mr. McInerney.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase, opening this today and will be open Parent Teacher night as well.
- The first meeting for the American Computer Science League Club (ACSL) will be held this today in room 366 after school. Any interested student is welcome to attend. See Mrs. Stoudt in room 366 or Mrs. Brashear in room 368 if you are interested but unable to attend!
- Do you want to help out your community? Join the Red Cross Club. The Red Cross Club will meet on today in room 335 at 2:30. Everyone is welcome to join.
- Please join us for the first meeting of EHS’ Global Citizens Club today right after school in room 230 (by the Locker Commons). Meet a new friend from a different part of the world, learn something about a new place and culture, contribute to creating a more inclusive and connected world. Looking forward to seeing you there!
- No Place for Hate will hold a meeting for officers today from 2:30 to 3:00 in Room 409. Also on this day will be the Parent Night Club Fair.
- The first meeting for the American Computer Science League Club (ACSL) will be held this today in room 366 after school. Any interested student is welcome to attend. See Mrs. Stoudt in room 366 or Mrs. Brashear in room 368 if you are interested but unable to attend.
- Science Fair will have its first meeting this Friday, September 13th in room 423. The meeting will last no longer than 3:00 PM. See Mr. Landrum in room 423 for additional details.
- The first meeting for Girl Up will be held on Monday, September 16th in Room 360 at 2:30pm. All are welcome to attend!
- Habitat for Humanity will meet on Tuesday, September 17th in Room 513.
- The next GSA meeting will be on Tuesday, September 17th after school in Room 360.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member. The Foreign Cultures Club is also in need of officers of this year, please email Mrs. Shimmel or stop by room 232 to express your interest.
- Registration for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams has begun in the Counseling Office. The priority registration deadline is Thursday, October 3rd, and the final ordering deadline is Friday, November 8th. All students must register and pay for each exam in the Counseling Office. The cost of each exam is $94 via cash or check (payable to Emmaus High School). Payment must be brought at the time of registration. If your family is experiencing financial hardship, such as qualifying for free/reduced lunch, please see your counselor. All inquiries regarding AP exams should be directed to Mr. Wood, Mrs. LaBar, or Ms. Bonney in Counseling.
- Attention 9th grade students: do you have an interest in helping plan and coordinate school wide activities and events? If you do, pick up a copy of the EHS SGA freshman application paperwork. Applications are located outside of room 537 and room 442. Be sure to return your completed application to Mrs. Montero in room 537 on Friday, September 20th.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
- Theater Department applications, as well as audition packets and crew applications, are now available on the Theater Department website. Turn in all applications outside of the black box, (room 201) or email to Mrs. Kuebler.
- Powderpuff Football will be held on Tuesday, October 1st with a rain date of Wednesday, October 2nd. Sign-up sheets can be picked up in Room 537 (Mrs. Montero’s room).
- The SAT Reasoning and Subject Tests will be offered at EHS on Saturday, October 5th. The deadline to register is this Friday, September 6th. Register online at www.collegeboard.org. All students will be required to upload a photo during the registration process. Please adhere to the photo guidelines to avoid being turned away on testing day.
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered at EHS on Wednesday, October 16th. It is recommended that all college bound eleventh graders take this test. Register in the counseling office beginning September 9th. The cost is $25. If paying by check, please make the check payable to Emmaus High School. Space is limited so register early. If tests are still available, the deadline to register will be Friday, October 4th.
- Kutztown University will be holding an Instant Decision Day at EHS on Tuesday, October 22nd @ 12:45. Please complete an application and stop by Counseling to sign up to meet with an admissions representative.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits.**
|East Stroudsburg University||9/11 @ 10:00 am|
|King’s College||9/11 @ 11:00 am|
|Moravian College||9/11 @ 1:00 pm|
|Johns Hopkins University||9/13 @ 10:30 am|
|St. Bonaventure University||9/13 @ 1:00 pm|
|12-Sep||Golf||Southern Lehigh||Brookside GC||2:30pm|
|EHS Memorial Field||5:00pm|
|Varsity Field Hockey||East Strouds|
|EHS Memorial Field||6:30pm|