EMMAUS HIGH SCHOOL
“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, February 18, 2020, Schedule Day 2.
- The Library will be open to passes today during Periods 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- The Young Republican Club will hold an “open enrollment” meeting on Wednesday, February 19th in room 518 from 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Anyone that missed signing up in the fall will have an opportunity to sign up and contribute to the club and be a part of it. See you then!
have made a few changes to our annual SnoCo Dance this year. We are fortunate
that so many of our students enjoy attending dances and social events at our
school – however, space restrictions and fire code capacity require that we
make adjustments in order to ensure that all EHS students have an opportunity
to attend a fun and safe winter dance event. This year, we will hold two dances
– one for students in grades 9/10 and another for those in grades 11/12.
- The 11th and 12th grade dance will be held on Saturday, February 22, 2020
- In order to ensure that we have adequate supervision and safety measures in place, all tickets must be purchased before the dance. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Tickets will be on sale during ALL lunch periods.
- Ticket sales for the February 22nd dance will be held through Thursday, February 20th.
- Those students who don’t have a lunch period at EHS will be able to purchase tickets in the main office between 7:30AM and 3:15PM on any school day within the sales window.
- Students are permitted to bring an EHS student from another grade as a guest if they wish. Guest forms for non-EHS students can be picked up in the main office or from the grade level assistant principal’s office and must be submitted within the timeline listed on the form to be considered. We look forward to hosting these events for our students.
- The next Gay Straight Alliance meeting will be held after school TODAY in room 360. New members are always welcome to attend.
- Those Kid to Kid members going on Eyer presentation trip, the following meeting needs to be attended in order to prepare you for activities: TODAY at 2:30 p.m. in room 227.
- There is a mandatory meeting for all International Fair Participants TODAY, in Room 239. Your attendance at the meeting is important. Please email the fair teacher coordinators via Google Classroom if you are unable to attend.
- Attention Global Citizens Members, please come to the mandatory International Fair meeting TODAY. Global Citizens will have a table at the February 29th international Fair event and we need your help! Meeting will be held in room 239. We look forward to seeing you there and helping to make the International Fair a success and great experience for all!
- The next No Place for Hate meeting will be held on Thursday, February 20th from 2:30 – 3:00 in Room 566.
- The Lehigh Valley Humane Society is in need of USED blankets, towels, and sheets for the dogs and cats at the shelter waiting for a home. If you would like to donate any blankets, towels, or sheets, please bring them anytime to Mrs. Kaunitz’s room, 504. Thank you.
- HS Impact Testing schedule is as follows:
- February 18th – Boys Volleyball, Boys Tennis at 3:00pm in Rooms 375/377.
- February 19th – Track & Field at 3:00pm in Rooms 375/377.
- February 20th – Make-ups at 3:00pm in Rooms 375/377.
- The next Latin Club meeting will be held on Thursday, February 20th after school in room 232. Come in to learn how to infuse flavors into olive oil and enter the 2020 Olive Oil Infusion Contest.
- The Health and Wellness/Fitness Club will be hosting its 9th Annual Dodgeball Tournament on Thursday February 27th, from 6-9pm in the Main and Auxiliary Gyms. If you are interested in playing, please see a health or wellness/fitness teacher to sign-up. All paperwork must be submitted by February 13th.
- Final Call for Travelers – Greece 2020. EHS is running a cross-curricular trip to Greece, June 17-26, 2020 (this summer), open to ALL EHS students. Last chance to enroll is Feb 27th! Contact Mrs Kinzel, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more info or see our tour website at https://www.eftours.com/tour-website/2164433JB
- Students who are interested in attending LCTI for the first time next year must pick up an application from the Counseling Office. Applications are due in the Counseling Office no later than February 21st.
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to announce that we will be providing EHS Juniors an opportunity to visit East Stroudsburg University and Moravian College on March 20th from 8:00am-3:45pm. Students will need to arrange for transportation to be picked up at the EHS Auditorium entrance at 3:45pm. Students will hear from Admissions representatives at both schools, take a tour of both campuses and have lunch in one of the dining halls at East Stroudsburg University. Transportation will be provided to and from the Universities and there is no fee to register. Space is limited. Permission slips are available in the Counseling Office and due March 3. Please see your Counselor with any questions!
- Habitat for humanity will be hosting a spaghetti dinner on Saturday, March 21st from 5-7 pm in the EHS cafeteria. Tickets are $10 for anyone over 10 yr. old and $5 for those 10 and under. Come have dinner before or after the musical and help support a local organization build homes for families here in the Lehigh Valley.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**