“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
• Today is Tuesday, February 25, 2020, Schedule Day 1.
• The Library will be open to passes today during all periods.
• The next No Place for Hate meeting will be held on Thursday, March 5th from 2:30-3:00 in Room 566.
• Spanish club members have a mandatory meeting today after school in room 236. We’ll be organizing our activities for the World Languages International Fair on February 29th.
• Global Citizens will meet today after school in room 230. All are most welcome.
• The next Habitat for Humanity meeting will be held today in Room 513.
• Foreign Cultures Club is meeting Wednesday, February 26th after school in room 232. If you are a member, please try to make this meeting. All are welcome.
• Attention Seniors: The EHS Local Scholarship list will be provided in FLEX block on Wednesday, February 26th. Students can pick up applications in the Counseling Office. The deadline to return completed scholarship applications is Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 at 2:30pm – absolutely no exceptions!
• Final Call for Travelers – Greece 2020. EHS is running a cross-curricular trip to Greece, June 17-26, 2020 (this summer), open to ALL EHS students. Last chance to enroll is Feb 27th! Contact Mrs Kinzel, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more info or see our tour website at https://www.eftours.com/tour-website/2164433JB
• The last day to obtain the $200 discount for the Costa Rica/ Panama trip is Feb 27th. Make sure to reserve your spot soon. Students can still sign up after that but the price will increase. If you have any questions please see Mr. Montepeque in room 236.
• The Health and Wellness/Fitness Club will hold their Dodgeball Tournament Thursday, February 27th from 6-9pm in the Main and Auxiliary Gyms. Over 200 students are signed up to play! Come out and support your favorite team! The cost for spectators is $2 at the door. We hope to see you there!
Students who are playing in the Dodgeball Tournament, please meet at 5:30 for team check-in and rules.
• The EHS Counseling Office is proud to share that as part of our Career Month in March, we will be hosting career speakers from throughout the Lehigh Valley. Using Naviance, students of all grade levels are able to sign up for visits during the school day to learn about the various career fields and individual paths our speakers have chosen. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in these visits as part of their Career Readiness Plan and to help identify where their career path will lead. Please note that the calendar is subject to change based on weather as well as additional speakers being added; be sure to check the calendar and Naviance regularly for any updates.
• The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to announce that we will be providing EHS Juniors an opportunity to visit East Stroudsburg University and Moravian College on March 20th from 8:00am-3:45pm. Students will need to arrange for transportation to be picked up at the EHS Auditorium entrance at 3:45pm. Students will hear from Admissions representatives at both schools, take a tour of both campuses and have lunch in one of the dining halls at East Stroudsburg University. Transportation will be provided to and from the Universities and there is no fee to register. Space is limited. Permission slips are available in the Counseling Office and due March 3. Please see your Counselor with any questions!
• Habitat for humanity will be hosting a spaghetti dinner on Saturday, March 21st from 5-7 pm in the EHS cafeteria. Tickets are $10 for anyone over 10 yr. old and $5 for those 10 and under. Come have dinner before or after the musical and help support a local organization build homes for families here in the Lehigh Valley.
• As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
• Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
• Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
• The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
• The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits