“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
- Today is Tuesday, November 26, 2019, Schedule Day 3.
- The Library is open to passes today during all periods.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to remove food from the cafeteria without a yellow pass or permanent pass. Please see your grade level administrators office if you have any questions.
- Congratulations to Junior Trista Baran, who beat out 196 other students to win the contents of the Reading Workshop candy jar and a free book from the EHS Library for the month of November. Her guess of 543 candies was the closest–without going over–to the exact amount of 548. Prizes can be claimed by seeing Ms. Bower in the library.
- Hey Emmaus, before sitting at the Thanksgiving table with family and friends, take some time to listen to a special edition of the 9th Grade Experience Podcast. On this episode, over 35 members of the EHS community talk about what they are thankful for this school year. Search for “9th Grade Experience Podcast” on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google to access this episode and all previous episodes that highlight the accomplishments of our 9th grade students and staff.
- Attention Interact Members: please check classroom for important announcements and RSVP for helping take down the holiday display at the Trexler house on January 2nd. This will be the New Rotary Dinner Event and our January meeting. Please RSVP by December 5. Thank you!
- The next GSA meeting will be held after school today in room 360. New members are always welcome to attend!
- The next Habitat for Humanity meeting will be held today in Room 513.
- There will be a USA Biology Olympiad meeting today after school in Room 421. Everyone interested in participating in the USA Biology Olympiad Test is welcome.
- Attention Juniors! YANKEE CANDLES have arrived! They will be located in RM 335 (Mrs. Murray) for pick-up this week.
- Season tickets for Boys and Girls basketball will be on sale in the Athletic Office starting Monday, November 25th until Friday, December 6th from 8:00am to 2:00pm. Tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for students and senior citizens.
- Delaware Valley University will be holding an Instant Decision Day at EHS on December 3rd from 9:00 – 12:00. Interested seniors may stop by the Counseling Office to sign up.
- Girl Up Club is holding a school supply drive for schools in Africa from December 3rd through December 10th! Donations will be collected during lunches and donation boxes will be placed in the following math classrooms: 513, 514, 515, 354, 358, 359, 360, 366, 367, 369, 373. Be sure to sign the donation sheet to be entered in to win a Wawa gift card.
- Habitat for Humanity will be hosting a Gingerbread Competition on December 7th from 10-1 in cafe 1. Sign up as an individual or a team for $5. Bring your kit and have some fun. Prizes will be awarded. Pick up an entry form outside room 513 or in the library and return it to 513 by December 3rd.
- There will be an information session for any 10th or 11th grade students interested in learning more about the Emerging Health Professional program on December 16th from 1:00 to 2:00. If you are interested in attending, please sign up in the counseling office.
- Auditions for EHS’s spring musical, Hello Dolly, will be held December 16 through 18 from 2:45-6:00 in the auditorium. Informational packet and materials are posted on the Theater Dept website. Music files and dance video are available on the Hello Dolly Google classroom page, code 37rpzsl.
- Moravian College’s Instant Decision Day has been rescheduled to Wednesday, December 18th from 9:00 – 12:30. Seniors can meet with an admissions rep from the college to find out on the spot if they are accepted. Students interested in attending should come to the counseling office.
- Make Thanksgiving 2020 a holiday you’ll never forget! We’re heading to Paris, the south of France AND Monaco in November 2020! Experience the food, the art (Hello, Mona Lisa!), the scenery, the weather, the palm trees on the beach, THE SHOPPING! Get a head start on your holiday gift-buying! Reserve your spot for November 2020 NOW. Contact Mrs. Fraser or any French teacher for more details!
- Ninth grade students, do you have a story to tell about your adjustment to Emmaus High School? Are you doing awesome things that the EHS community needs to know about? If so, contribute to the 9th Grade Experience Podcast, an audio way for you to tell your story in your voice. If you are interested in being a guest or helping with production, stop by the 9th Grade Principal’s Office and sign up with Mrs. Lucchesi-Wood or contact Mr. Stuchko (Rm 223) for more details. You can listen to previous episodes on Spotify or Apple Podcasts by searching 9th Grade Experience.
- The Hornet’s Nest, EHS School Store, has relocated to room 519, stop by during a study hall or before your lunch to make a purchase.
- The Foreign Cultures Club is open to all EHS students and will explore cultures from around the world in a variety of ways including food, festivals, trying new things, and just seeing things from a different perspective. See Mrs. Shimmel’s website for more information and the Google Classroom code to become a member.
- Baseball will be practicing Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3pm-5:30pm at Church Lane Field. All returning Varsity and JV members will practice from 3pm-4:30pm, while Freshmen and Newcomers will work out from 4pm-5:30pm.
**Please check Naviance for a complete list of college visits**
|US Naval Academy||11/26 @ 11:30 am|
|US Military Academy||11/27 @ 8:00 am|