“Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together, make this world a beautiful garden.”
Today is Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
|Monday, Sept 13||A Day|
|Tuesday, Sept 14||B Day|
|Wednesday, Sept 15||A Day|
|Thursday, Sept 16||Holiday|
|Friday, Sept 17||B Day|
- The Library will be open to study hall passes today during Blocks 1, 2, and 3.
- Greetings Class of 2025! We are so excited to have you at EHS! We are your Class of 2025 advisors and are looking forward to working with you during your time at the high school. We would like to host a meeting for those of you who would like to be involved in activities, fundraising, or potential officers for the Class of 2025. If you are interested, please plan to attend a meeting in room 524 (Kaunitz) TODAY from 2:30-3. Looking forward to meeting you!
- GOLD OUT game this Friday. Get all GOLD apparel, GOLD face glitter, GOLD beads and other merch at the Hornet’s Nest (room 519) open all day every day this week– Tuesday through Friday.
- Open gym for freshman boy’s basketball will run every Wednesday starting September 15th from 2:45pm-4:15pm in the EHS main gym. Please see Mr. Hoderewski in Room 580 if you have any questions.
- For any member who is interested in being an officer for the Computer Science/ACSL club–there will be a short meeting after school Wednesday, September 15th in room 366. Contact Mrs. Brashear or Mrs. Stoudt if you are interested but cannot attend the meeting.
- The EHS Counseling Office is pleased to present Guidance Information Night for the Parents/Guardians of current 12th grade students on September 22nd at 6pm in the Auditorium. During this evening, information will be presented about the Financial Aid process by Michael Burke, from PHEAA. Following the presentation by Michael Burke, EHS Counselors will provide an overview of how students should be using Naviance throughout the college application process.
- No Place for Hate will hold their first meeting for all current, new, or potential members after school in room 573 on Thursday, Sept. 23rd. Please come and learn more about exciting opportunities in student activism in our school.
- Dust off those controllers, get all the cards in the deck together, and try not to be sus for the first meeting of the Game Club. We will meet today, at 2:35 in Room 602 and every Tuesday moving forward. For more info, click select, start, A, B, or email Mr. Stuchko. #gameonEHS
- Art Club will hold its first meeting today from 2:30 to 3:30. We meet in room 527. Join us to learn more about the group and sign up to be a member! Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you love creating art and helping the community? Come to Mud Club! We play with clay and host our annual Empty Bowls event to raise money for the Angel Network. If you are interested, come to our first meeting today at 2:30 after school in room 520. We hope to see you there!
- Do you like writing and creating? Reading literature? Discussing art? The first meeting of the Collage Club is today at 2:35 in Room 575. Join the Collage staff to help produce and publish this year’s edition of Collage, a literary and art magazine composed of student art and writing. All are welcome.
- The first Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) meeting will be held today at 2:30 in room 360.
- Student Opportunity: Starting the week of September 13th, Communities in Schools will be offering three skill building groups – Executive Functioning Skills, Resiliency Skills, or Stress Management/Life Skills. Please check out this link to learn more about each group. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNFO5HvPqnOgsJqAiOSIh9n2oaypPcs7/view?usp=sharing Use the QR code on the flyer to sign up. If you have any questions please reach out to Mrs. Williams – email@example.com
- Are you interested in politics, social justice, environmentalism, women’s rights, and LGBTQ issues? If so, stop by the EHS Young Democrats Club meeting after school on Wednesday, September 15th, in room 533. There will be free food and we will discuss our events and trips planned for the year. See you there!
- The Gratitude Club will have their first meeting on Wednesday, September 15th at 2:30 in room 504. The intention of this club is to make a difference through community involvement and to display gratitude to those in need.
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered at EHS on Saturday, October 16. It is recommended that all college-bound eleventh graders take this test.
- 2021 PSAT registration will begin on Monday, September 20, 2021 until they are sold out (there are a limited number of tests available).
- Registration will take place at the Counseling Office between the hours of 7:15 AM and 2:30 PM.
- The cost for the test is $30.
- Payment in the form of check/cash must be received at the time of registration.
- Checks should be made payable to Emmaus High School.
- Masks are required while registering.
- The PSAT will be held on Saturday, October 16, 2021. Students must arrive at EHS by 7:30AM in order to check in prior to the start of testing. Upon arrival, students will receive their room assignments for the test — this will be posted outside of EHS doors 3, 4, and 5. Upon entering the building (through either doors 3, 4 or 5) students must report directly to their testing room. Students will need to remember to bring their own number 2 pencils and calculators.
- Testing Procedures: Students and proctors are required to wear masks at all times in the school building. Upon completion of the PSAT, students must exit immediately. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- The Interact Club, a service club that works to make our local community better, will hold its first meeting on Tuesday, September 21 in room 524 at 2:30. If you are interested in participating or finding out more please stop by. New members welcome. Any questions, please see Mrs. Kaunitz. Thanks!
- The Theater Department will have their first meeting and improv session on Thursday, September 23rd from 2:30-3:15 in the black box (room 201). New members are always welcome! Join our Schoology group to keep up with our schedule of events for the year. Schoology code 4GHW-J9CJ-Z3KQB
- SNOW SPORTS LOVERS – We will be holding a Snowsports meeting Sept 23 after school. We will be discussing the upcoming season! Schoology Group Code: VBB2-B82X-9BR4F
- Spanish Club, students interested in joining the club need to join our group in Schoology. Please use the code: 5XMC-MSJW-TKDCM or email Mr. Montepeque. Our meetings will be every week on Tuesdays at 2:30 PM, room 236.
- Emmaus High School is once again hosting in-person college visits! Below is a list of upcoming colleges coming to EHS. Juniors and seniors interested in attending one of our college visits must sign up through Naviance. Be sure to check Naviance often for the most up-to-date list of schools planning to be at the high school.
|Slippery Rock University||9/15||9:00||Counseling|
|East Stroudsburg University||9/15||1:00||Counseling|
|*Verto Education offers the only global, academic travel experience that partners with colleges—travel, earn college credit, and graduate in four years.|
|Date||Team||Opponent||Facility||Dismiss Time||Game Time|
|14-Sep||Golf||Pocono Mtn East||Skytop Lodge||12:15pm||2:30pm|
|Cross Country||Various||Lehigh Parkway||4:00pm|