|January 25, 2023||A|
|January 26, 2023||B|
|January 27, 2023||A|
|January 30, 2023||B|
|January 31, 2023||A|
- 1/25 – Start of the 2nd Semester and MP #3
- 2/25/2023 – International Fair 2023, 11am to 2pm Cafeteria
- The late bus will run every Tuesday and Thursday. The bus picks up around 3:15pm at door #4. You may only use the late bus for clubs or detention. You must sign up in the main office on the day of the late bus by 10:30am.
- All students coming to the Library must have an Ehall pass to EHS Library or a yellow paper pass.
- Reminder – students are only allowed to come down during one study hall block per day, students will be sent back if trying to come into the Library during multiple study hall blocks in the same day.
- This is a reminder that–on M, T, W and F–students may only be in the library during Hornet Homeroom for quick in-and-out visits (claiming an ID, printing a document, or book renewal/return, for examples). HR teacher passes are fine for such purposes. Staying longer requires a pass from a subject teacher and subject work necessitating library support/resources.
- No students should be visiting during HH on Thursdays.
- The library houses three permanent HHs every day and often gets a fourth due to coverage needs. We simply do not have the HH space to accommodate students just hoping to “hang out.”
- The EHS Library area to the immediate right after entering will be a designated quiet-only spot for students, staff members and teachers. Stress-relieving activities such as adult coloring, sticker books, sudoku, etc. remain available; however, in response to patron feedback, gaming items have been removed to allow for booked classes to operate without noise distraction. Additionally, ehall pass requires that our AA be able to hear students as they identify themselves upon arrival and exit.
Study hall students who wish to socialize should sit elsewhere in the library.
- Per Mrs. Guarriello, the EHS Library will no longer be available to students after school on Mondays due to faculty meetings being held in the space. The EHS Library continues to be open until 3 PM on Tuesdays through Fridays.
Student Opportunities Marking Period 3
Student Opportunities for MP3: Five skill-building groups are being offered during marking period 3 – Conflict Resolution, ArtsQuest Education Program, Healthy Relationships, Study Skills, and LGBTQ+ Support. Check out the flyer below for topic descriptions, start dates, days/times, and locations for meetings. Groups will be held one day a week for about 45 minutes. You can use the QR code on the flyer or use the link below to sign up If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Williams at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up Form: https://forms.gle/e3VL3GJGSJhXb9Ly8
Red Cross Fundraiser
The members of the Red Cross Club will be selling t-shirts for our fundraiser during HR on Mondays and Fridays of each week. They will stop by each HR for about 2 minutes to talk to your students about the fundraiser. They will attempt to go to every HR at least once before the deadline to order the t-shirts on March 27. Below I am attaching the order forms for students and faculty. Thank you!
Counseling Office College Visits
The counseling office is once again hosting in-person college visits! Below is a list of upcoming colleges coming to EHS. Juniors and seniors interested in attending one of our college visits must sign up through Naviance. Be sure to check Naviance often for the complete up-to-date list of schools planning to be at the high school.
|Triangle Tech||Mon., January 30||10:00||Counseling|
Chromebook / IT Help
The IT department will hold Chromebook support for students during Hornet Homeroom (10:18 – 10:55) and from 2 to 2:30 pm outside the library entrance.
- For a complete listing of EHS sporting events, please visithttps://ehshornetsathletics.com
- With the Boys Volleyball season right around the corner we will be holding open gyms in preperation of the upcoming season. Open gyms are not mandatory but highly encouraged to get ready for Tryouts. The dates for open gyms are as followed and will be held in the AUX GYM. You will need to bring with you Intramural Activities Parental Consent Form which can be found on the athletics website. If you have any questions you can reach out to me (email@example.com) via the athletics website under coaches. Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone.
January (3pm to 5pm) February
27th 21st (4-6pm)
31st 23rd (4-6pm)
- Key Club will have its next meeting today, 1/25 in Cafe I from 2:30-3. This will be our regular monthly meeting and t-shirt pick-up if you missed it. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks, Mrs. Kaunitz
- No Place for Hate will meet after school on Thursday, January 26th in room 573 from 2:30-3:00.
- The Aevidum club will be selling t-shirts on January 27th during ALL FOUR LUNCHES. The shirts are being sold for $10. The purpose is to raise awareness about Aevidum, support our club, and raise funds for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Please help us create awareness around mental health and support our mission to have each others’ backs.
- Orchestra Coffee House: Calling all performers (musicians, singers, bands, etc.)!
The EHS Coffee House is happening this year on Friday, February 10! Auditions will be held on Wednesday January 25, and Tuesday January 31st. Please sign-up here to audition for a spot in the coffee house! https://forms.gle/vYQNqYFYbffsiSQn6
- Attention students interested in taking Child Development 2 or 3:
Applications are due to Mrs. Day by March 3. Applications can be found on the high school’s website under the guidance department. Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in-person in room 603.
- EHS Fitness Team practices are Mon-Wed-Fri after school, 2:45-4:15 and we
welcome anyone who wants to have fun with others while putting in the
time to improve their fitness. There are some competitions with a
national championship in May in Little Rock, AR. Any questions please email Lenni Maguire (email@example.com) EHS Fitness Team Coach